Chapter 35

With the whole 'pants' fiasco still fresh in your mind, the both of you had slowly made your way over to Soon-Ja's place, after having gotten a, for lack of a better term, demanding call from her.

"Hello?" You answered, knowing full well who was on the other end of the line.

"Y/N. What are your plans for today?" She grumbled out, not even bothering to say hello first.

"Um... Well, Tae and I were going t-"

"Great, I'll see you at my house at 12:00 sharp."

*click*

Did she just hang up on me?

Not that this was abnormal behavior by any means, but you certainly weren't expecting her to insist on your presence during your official 'time-off-because-you-almost-died' holiday.

Walking down the gravel path to her house you suddenly squeezed Taehyung's hand.

It was the best you could do for an apology since the woman in question was watching you from where she stood in the doorway.

"You're late" She sneered, motioning for you to step into the house.

"Its 12:02, Ajumma" You whined back, rolling your eyes in annoyance.

"Hi Ajumma!!" Taehyung beamed out from beside you, accompanied by one of his adorable rectangle smiles.

"Ah, there's my boy! Come inside and out of the blazing heat! Quick quick!"

Well, I can see he's obviously the favorite.

...

Not that I blame her.

Once settled in her living room Soon-ja wattled out of the kitchen with a tray full of cookies and cups of piping hot tea.

"Now Taehyung dear, eat as much as you'd like, I have a whole extra box for you to take back to your handsome friends." She cooed, holding the tray out for him to take some.

Without even a glance in your direction, Soon-ja set the tray down on the coffee table, situating a coaster for Taehyung to place his tea on.

As you went to reach for a cookie you felt the stare of the grouchy old woman on you.

"You take one and only one Y/N, I didn't make these for you!" She sneered, pointing a finger at you just like your grandma used to do when you were being naughty.

You huffed, holding your single cookie protectively close to your chest in case she tried to snatch it back from you.

"Rude..." You mumbled under your breath.

Even the playful kiss on the cheek from a laughing Taehyung couldn't wipe the grumpy look off your face.

"I called you both here to talk to you about mine and Y/N's little secret" she started, plopping a lump of sugar into her cup before continuing, "There are many things Y/N doesn't know, and since you two are attached at the hip I imagined having the both of you over was the only way to do this."

Lacing your fingers through Taehyung's you listened intently as your Ajumma spoke.

She started by going over her own history, something of which you were completely taken aback by.

When Soon-ja was only 9 years old she was turned into a mermaid, a moon pool that once existed on this very island was the source of her first transformation.

Not only hers but also her mother, and her mother before her.

Soon-ja came from a long line of women that had adopted the cave and it's magic as a 'coming-of-age' or 'right-of-passage for their family.