Chapter 37

"Taehyung!?" You called out into the deep.

Your voice was barely audible in the water, a scream coming out as only a whisper.

But you needed to find him.

You whipped your head around in all directions, searching for any sight of him.

There was so much seaweed in your view you had to claw at it to move.

"Jagiya...."

You darted towards the sound of his whispered voice, the sound of it making violent shivers run down your spine.

Your tail felt like it weighed a thousand pounds, your arms doing most of the work as you tried to swim towards him.

"Taehyung!" You screamed out again, desperation making a sob escape your lips.

For some reason the warmth that usually flooded you at his proximity was absent.

Instead, you were filled with cold dark fear.

As if acting on instinct you rounded the corner towards the open waters, leaving the seaweed jungle behind you.

In the distance, you could make out the shape of something.

You swam a little closer, squinting your eyes as if it would help you get a better look.

You squeezed your eyes shut and shook your head, attempting to clear the fog in your vision.

When you reopened your eyes your heart nearly stopped.

Floating lifelessly in the water right in front of you.

Taehyung.

"No... NO!!!"

You frantically tried to get to him, clawing at the water in front of you to propel yourself forward.

As if your own tail was betraying you, all of a sudden you had no control of it.

The weight of it carried you to the ocean floor where you immediately dug your fingers painfully into the sharp rocks below.

It felt like knives stabbing into your fingertips as you pried yourself closer and closer to Taehyung.

Please

Please let me get to him

Please!

You begged to any higher power that was listening, ignoring the sensation of the sharp rocks ripping the scales off your tail as you dragged it across the ocean floor.

"Jagi..." Taehyung whispered from behind you.

You whipped your head around, eyes wide with shock as you took a full glimpse of the boy in question.