Chapter 21

Walking hand-in-hand with Taehyung you couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with perfect happiness.

You had been walking for over thirty minutes now, and you were almost at your house.

"I really love it here in Jeju" Taehyung said suddenly, pulling you out of your thoughts, "I want to move here someday."

"Do you like the summer heat?" you asked questioningly, knowing damn well if this place didn't feel like home you wouldn't be forcing yourself to swelter in the sun every day.

"It's not that, it's the nature. This whole island just feels so... natural and beautiful" he said, gazing up into the sky.

You smiled, his innocence capturing you completely.

"I grew up on a farm, as you know, so nature and fresh air are in my blood" Taehyung reached out to brush his hand against a nearby tree, "If I wasn't an idol I'd move here right now"

Your heart clenched, remembering that this boy has to leave you eventually.

Nodding your head, you kicked up some of the rocks in your path.

"You can come back and visit me anytime" you flashed him an unconvincing smile, reality making your emotions fragile.

You could feel his gaze on you before you looked over, his eyes bearing into you like he was searching through every confine of your soul.

"I'll come back here every spare minute I have Y/N" he stated, so matter-of-factly your breath caught in your throat.

"R-really?" you stammered, blushing a little under his piercing gaze.

"You're not just a summer fling for me" he replied, smiling sweetly at you.

But what about your contract...

As you approached the house you pulled Taehyung along behind you down the path, fumbling through your bag to retrieve your keys.

Swinging the door open for him, you ushered him inside, directing him straight to the living room.

"So," you started, sitting on the couch beside him, "What should we do now?"

Taehyung pointed directly to the old gamecube sat on top of your tv stand.

"What games do you have?" he asked, a hint of playfulness to his tone.

"I only have a few; Mario Party, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros."

"I'm a wizard at Mario Kart" he teased, waggling his eyebrows at you.

"Ahem, excuse me Mr. Kim, but is that a challenge?" you countered, raising your eyebrows at him.

"It might be" he winked, walking over to set up the game.

"You're on, idol boy" you teased, cracking your knuckles for added effect.

You played games for the next three hours, only stopping once briefly to order pizza.

Even when the food arrived you didn't stop, scarfing it down in between rounds, laughing and shamelessly flirting amidst the playful battle.

"That's 10 to 8 sir, I believe I just won" you smirked, crossing your arms smugly.

"You cheated and you know it!" he laughed, clearly amused by your bout of confidence.