Chapter 31

Taehyung POV

Taehyung was quick in taking the lead rushing down the hotel staircase, the rest of the boys struggling to keep up behind him. It was a surprising feat considering he was one of the least active of all the boys.

The intense adrenaline coursing through his veins made the heavy basement door no obstacle for him to charge through, immediately making his way for the first room in sight without hesitation.

With a loud bang he pushed the solid metal door open, doing a quick surveillance of the inside before moving onto the next.

"Taehyung stop! You're making too much noise!" Jin scolded, running up behind the frantic boy to help.

His hyung's words had barely registered to him as he shoved Jin out of the way, half-sprinting to the next room.

It was at this point Jimin had finally caught up, rushing ahead of Taehyung to get to the next room in the line up.

"S-Stop it! - B-Both of you!" Namjoon urged, the tiredness in his breath from running down the stairs apparent in his voice.

"She has to be in here somewhere..." Taehyung breathed out tirelessly as he stalked further down the corridor, "Y/N! IT'S ME! IT'S TAEHY--"

Before he could finish his sentence, a hand covered his mouth, Jungkook's obscenely strong grasp on his older brother making Taehyung flail desperately to get free.

"Shh! You're not going to help her if you keep shouting out our location Tae!" The makane hushed, a meek attempt at calming the panicked boy.

After a few seconds of quiet, the rest of the boys muted footsteps approached, their presence allowing Jungkook to subconsciously loosen his strong hold on Taehyung.

Taehyung, taking full advantage of his new-found freedom, began darting towards the next door, shaking Jungkooks arms completely off him with a frustrated groan.

It wasn't until he had almost made it to the next door that a loud bang came from somewhere down the far end of the hallway.

Freezing in his place Taehyung stared down the dark corridor, straining his eyes to see if he could find the source.

"W-What was that?" Jimin whispered, his too-close proximity making Taehyung jump back in surprise.

"Jesus Jiminie! Make a noise next time!" He fired back under his breath.

"It sounded like-"

The distinct sound of clacking footsteps on the concrete floor made all the boys retreat into a group, huddling closely together.

"I got this!" Jungkook spoke suddenly, jumping out front of the group with his fists raised defensively.

Without missing a beat, Yoongi reached forward, grabbing the makane by the back of his hood and dragging him back into formation.

"Shhh! Shut up you big goon!" He whisper-yelled protectively.

As the foot steps approached Taehyung tightened his fists, narrowing his eyes as he mentally prepared himself for battle.

A small figure came into view, the familiar lankiness making Taehyung grit his teeth.

I knew it!

"What are you boys doing down here! This area is staff-only!"

Hyun-joo's shrill voice sent a shiver down Taehyung's spine, the serious and authoritative tone echoing down and bouncing off the corridor walls.