Chapter 1

So this is a new story of mine with yet another twist, I love the British Royal Family as some of you might have figured from my other works. I just thought this would be a nice spin on how it is and I hope you like it. 

"Amelia, are you leaving already?" Chloe called out to her from where she still lay in her bed. "Yes, I told them I'd go a bit earlier, I'm joining them into the small town near the Volcano national park. Don't worry if I'm not back before sundown. Nathalie is coming with me so no I'm not going without a teacher." she told her best friend as she simply turned over much to Amelia's amusement.

They were in their second year of nursing school and had come over to Africa on their abroad internship. They were only in their third week and the things they'd seen already. Well, it was enough to have taught them more than the school could ever have. No school or talk could have prepared them for what they would see out here. But it was a wonderful chance and she wouldn't have it any other way. When the doctors had asked who was volunteering to go near the monkey reserve, she'd been the first up.

Then she had to talk to her teacher into going as well since she couldn't do anything unauthorised. But that didn't happen here, the need for aid was just too big, so the teachers cut in where they could as well. Nathalie was one of her favourite teachers, somehow she always ended up being her mentor during the internship. And the two had formed a bond, Amelia knew things about her teacher, no others did and it was the same in reverse. She was just an amazing woman and Nathalie had seen the excitement to get out of the capital in her student's eyes and agreed to go along. She too was getting a bit sick of being stuck in this location. So many people coming for aid and there were never enough hands.

"Ready to get going?" Nathalie asked her as the sun was still out, the darkness surrounded them. three land cruisers were lined up to take them and their gear up to the mountain village. Amelia was curious to see what difference it would be to the capital. So far they'd gone to every slum and it had brought her and Chloe nearly to tears. The two had gotten to know each other when they'd started school a year and a half ago and it had felt like they'd always known each other. Sure she had other friends from before that, Sophie was one of them. But Amelia despite her being social and such didn't have a lot of real friends she trusted with her life. there was Chloe, here with her on this trip. She'd like to count Nathalie and a few other teachers amongst them as well. It was a small campus and the teachers were close to their students. She had a handful to whim she was really close to. then there was Steven. He hadn't joined them on this internship along with Fleur, those two had decided to do their internship in Belgium, their country.

Amelia on the other hands was the ever adventurer and wanted to see what lay outside of those borders, she really loved travelling whenever she could get away with it. And then there was this opportunity, how could she have said no to that?

"Yes, early though considering we only got in at 11," she told her friend as Nathalie held out a cup of tea for her student and friend. There were these people you got to meet where you felt an instant connection with. Amelia was one of those people and she'd become near and dear to her heart. It was amazing to see her grow and spread her wings in the way she did with all the hurdles that were thrown her way.

A class that till a few weeks ago had only been mean to her ever since they'd started last year. Together with Steven, Fleur and Chloe they'd been the odd ones as they'd been called, didn't belong to the class. And then a few weeks ago the rotten apple as she was called finally stopped with her altitude and things got better. but it never brought Amelia down, it made her even more stubborn in what she wanted to reach in her life. She was the best of her class and wasn't about to be brought down due to what they did to her.

"Well, it wasn't my idea to go drinking last night." Nathalie pointed out as Amelia let out a groan. "Blame Chloe, she can sleep in more or less, I can't," Amelia told her as Nathalie sat there snickering at the bond between those two. if they weren't so different in looks, they would surely be mistaken for siblings seeing as how close they were.