Chapter 37

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads. It is much appreciated as always. I hope that all of you are still safe in this messed up time and that all your families are as well. I do hope this chapter can bring some light in dark times.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked her, noticing the familiar frown on her forehead and between her eyebrow, it was a frown she always got when she was thinking of something or when she was trying to figure something out. He could only hope that she wasn't trying to figure out how to tell him no.

"About everything." She admitted with a heavy sigh, toying with her IV line, she should know better than to play with it, but she couldn't help it right now as she toyed with the diaflow, that adjusted the number of fluids that went into her body each minute. It was something that she always played with before she started to study nursing, but right now she knew why it wasn't okay to play with it, but it was the only distraction she had right now, her head running miles ahead of her.

"Maybe I can help." He asked her, squeezing her hand in his has she felt his thumb running back and forth on the back of her hand.

"It's not something you can help with Alex." She explained to him, pulling her hand out of his, not wanting to touch him for a moment.

"I've just found out that I've been cleared from all the accusations I've been accused off. I need to think about everything, I'm in hospital, because I managed to dehydrate myself and exhaust myself thinking about everything that had happened between us. And most of all the insults you threw my way. I can't just forget any of that. You can't just show up here and ask me to forgive you like that and think that it'll solve everything." She told him with a shake of her head at him, seeing the look in his eyes, he dropped his head down to rest on his chest, the hope he'd had dying in his eyes.

"I'm not saying never Alex but give me a couple of days to get out of this place. To clear my mind, think everything through. I appreciate you coming here and apologizing, but an apology doesn't take away what you said, an apology always comes too late, I need to be sure about what I want." She explained to him, covering his hand with hers as he raised his eyes to look into her eyes, tears shimmering in them as he nodded his head in understanding.

He could understand and respect what she was asking of him, he understood why she needed it as well, he'd just showed up when she'd been sleeping, she hadn't known about anything that had happened since she'd fainted that morning.

But in a way he'd hoped to show up, apologize and that everything would return to how it had been before their breakup. But she was right, this was real life, with real people and feelings. This wasn't some movie fairytale, even when he was a prince. Life wasn't one of the stories Amelia loved to read and write about.

Life was a lot harder and tougher; life couldn't work with only hope for a good outcome. "Just give me a few days Alex." She asked him as he went to clasp her hand in between his larger ones.

"I can give you that." He accepted with a soft tone as he inched closer towards her.

"When are you going to get out of the hospital?" he wondered as she shook her head at him, she didn't know herself.

"I'm assuming they'll want to keep me overnight." She pointed out as he nodded his head at her in understanding. That made sense in a way since she'd fainted on the job and was dehydrated, he didn't want her to get ill or for her to faint again, he wanted her to be well looked after.

"I'll be staying in a hotel; I don't have anywhere else to be. Just call me if you need anything." He told her as she nodded her head at him, in two days' time, the Easter holidays were beginning, of course she'd missed one day of her placement, something she'd have to fill in for some other time. But it was only one day, she could easily work a seven-day week and solve it that way.