Chapter 27

Thanks for all the comments, votes and reads. I was happy to know that the one shot impacted you all in some way and that you liked it despite it being very much now. Now I have the following chapter, I hope you like it.  

Four days after New Year's they all returned back to where they needed to be, she and her family and Steven returned back to Belgium, her sister had to return to school along with her brothers and she and Steven needed to return to their placement which they only had two more weeks off.

Alex and all the rest had returned to their respective places as well for their work, all children needing to return to school as well. But they all remembered the amazing holiday they'd been on. The friendships between her and Alex's family and friends who'd been there grown closer than how they were before, before they hadn't even had much time to catch up, but now they'd spent ten days together, so it was nice knowing she knew his friends and family better, except for Kate and William, who she knew better than most of the people who'd been there.

"So how did the conversation go?" Amelia asked as they made their way up to their ward from the dressing rooms. They only had four days to go and then they'd finished, they already had their evaluation and they'd been happy with their performances as well as their teacher who'd guided them through this placement was happy of what she'd heard from the people on the ward and it was some relief to them both that they'd ended it alright or almost that was.

"Well." He started, looking at her with a knowing look. "She pointed out that I should give her another chance." Steven told her as Amelia raised her brow at him.

"For whatever reason should you do that?" she asked him with a tilt of her head as they ignored the looks on their way up. "Since life has changed so much for her and me and everyone else." Steven elaborated as Amelia nodded her head in understanding, the reference was more about her, than it had been about the ex-couple.

"Anyway, I told her that she needed to stop contacting me, that she needed to stop showing up at my place. That she and I were over for good and that no matter how much she may proof how different she was, I would never take her back after I found out how much she'd cheated on my and took advantage of me." Steven explained to one of his best friends. He knew Amelia would always have his back without a doubt. She'd always support him and give him a good kick up the bum when he needed it, much like she'd done on the holiday.

He may not have liked it at the time, but looking back on it, he needed her to call him out on his shit. And he hoped now that he had his conversation with his ex, things would be able to return to normal again. He was over it and would prove that his grades didn't suffer any longer.

"Let's hope she finally got the message Steven. I don't like what she's done to you." Amelia told him with an empathic and caring smile on her face.

"I hope so too, Amelia. I did warn her that if she didn't stop, the next step would be going to the cops and admit her for harassment since she'd been doing exactly that for over four months now." He explained to her as Amelia nodded her head.

"Let's hope it doesn't get that far." She told him with a hopeful tone as he nodded his head as they walked down the hallway of the ward they were stationed on. Today they had the late shift, since two other students had been on the early shift already and four in one morning would simply have been to much.

Once they had the handover from the early shift it was back to business. Amelia and Steven were already used to being mishandled in some way as students. This ward did have it a bit worse than some. Since they were final year students and would be graduating, they'd been given a lot more responsibility than they would have gotten if they'd been first years or second years, such as the students of this morning. So, whenever they were on, well it was easy to sit on your bum for some mentors and to let the students, especially third years do all the work.