Chapter 63

Thanks for all the reviews and reads. It really means a lot to me. Sorry for the late update I've been crazy busy with my placement at the A&E and then it was straight into the final four weeks of school preparations for Exams, assignments and so forth. And in currently rewritting all my chapters so it's better for you guys. But it also means that I have to rewrite every chapter before I post now and it takes some time to do so between everything else so I apologise but I hope you'll enjoy the chapter

"Are you certain it's going to be okay for you to go to the restaurant?" Hunter asked her as they stopped walking on their way to the restaurant and she couldn't help but raise a brow at him.

"Hunter, I think you being with me is going to be a bit more obvious than me meeting up with my friends in my own hometown. We come often to the restaurant we're meeting up, so they won't even be looking at us strangely when we walk in. Well, they might now that you are with me, but I trust those owners, every time we've eaten there when being together with Alex, they've always put us in a private corner and I'm sure tonight is going to be no different so will you please stop worrying?" she asked with a pleading tone, one day with this guy and she was already quite sick with them. She could walk in her hometown and no one would be the wiser, him being with her however had a higher chance of raising a couple of eyebrows and suspicion.

Sure, in her hometown they'd now grown used so seeing her walking around with Alex and his protection officer, but never had they seen her walking around town with a man that wasn't Alex or her present friends. So, if anyone found out about her engagement tonight, it would be Hunter's fault and the one's who'd forced her to take him along.

"Alright." He finally agreed with a sigh and a single nod of his head. He already knew after one day of looking after her that she was going to be trouble and be the cause for plenty of headaches. She didn't realize the importance of her safety, sure she wasn't officially engaged yet, but he'd been put in charge of her, and her safety and she'd already given him the slip that afternoon when she'd gone to see her mother who lived only ten minutes away from her grandparents.

She hadn't seen the danger or the wrongdoing in it, he knew that he was going to have a conversation with her where he'd be laying down some ground rules. He'd done some protection for the royals before and those born into it, but they'd all grown up being followed around by protection. He could only imagine what it was like for someone who was used to being on her own to be followed around all of a sudden.

Amelia however was a free-spirited person; she'd never been followed around by a protection officer and didn't know the rules around it. he hoped her self-defense and kidnap training would put some fear in her which would hopefully make her realize the importance of her protection.

He had a feeling it would only become another adventure to her, they were going to have a talk and see that both were happy with the arrangement, he knew that they'd be in charge in certain occasions no matter what Amelia would do or say. But in turn they could allow her to have some more leeway when she was in private and not in an official capacity.

Walking in behind her, he kept his head down as he followed her up into a private corner and he had to admit, it was a lovely looking restaurant where she was meeting her friends in. Right, there were about ten people sitting and waiting for her to arrive and happy to see her again, since she hadn't seen them since her return from Peru.

"Hey Soph." she greeted her best friend as she greeted her with a warm hug and kiss on the cheek. She felt her stiffen and she knew that she'd noticed Hunter behind her. So far for keeping it quite she thought to herself.

"Who is he?" Steven asked her, looking at the tough looking guy that accompanied her.

"My new friend." She grinned up at them cheekily as they tilted their heads at her. She felt Sophie lifting her hand up but letting it fall back when she found no ring on it.