Chapter 48

Thanks for all the votes, reads and comments. I hope you'll enjoy the chapter coming up. Sorry for the late update but I'm crazy busy with my placement on dialysis and the Corona period is even making the students run over time. I do hope you enjoy the chapter. Ive also added a picture of what the dogs will look like.

They'd finally arrived at the gaming center, it had already been a very busy and unexpected afternoon, and they'd finally been able to let their hair down a little. They weren't going to have the typical birthday dinner for his birthday and that was just fine by her. She loved meeting with her friends from London. But after a while, all the dinners and there were many of them got rather dull as well and once in a while she loved to have her hair down and let go.

So go-karting, bowling and laser tag had been decided on and would suit her just fine, and because they were with so many, they'd been divided into four groups, the first four out of every group would then race in two groups, of which they would all race for the two first spots.

Knowing her luck, she was going to be the very last across the line. But she wasn't going to let it ruin her evening either and she'd do her best at beating her boyfriend at this as well, luckily for her, or depending how you looked at it, this was one very competitive bunch of people and all every single one of them would be attempting to get over the line first. Just lucking at her own friends from Belgium: her, Amber, Helen and Steven were probably going to be the worst though.

During breaks at school, they'd play Uno, or jungle speed, and it always ended up with insults being thrown around, one finger had been broken, a broken lamp and ceiling tile, just to name a few. She knew the four of them weren't going to play nice either, they were going for the win and that meant playing dirty and she knew that Alex's friends and hers as well from London had absolutely no idea what they were in for.

Getting onto the track in her coveralls for the karting, there were just eight of them. Her, Alex, Louis, Steven, Helen, Eliza Spencer, Amelia Spencer and Amber. It was going to be very amusing to say the least, no one from her friends had wanted to be in the same group, knowing how dirty they all played to gain an advantage over one another. Unluckily for them her, Steven and Helen had been put together and no had seen the competitiveness of them.

Getting in their carts, she looked behind her with a smirk, very evident on her face.

"You're going to eat dirt." She told them as they started to call out abuse at one another, those who had seen the competitiveness between those four, like Laure and Sophie did give one another a very wary look, happy to know they hadn't been put in that group for now.

"Are they really that competitive?" Kate had to wonder, she too had heard the warnings and abuse they'd already given each other ahead of this race and the fact that Laure and Sophie had advised to separate the four of them as best as they could had most of them more than a little curious.

"You've got no idea about it, there is a reason why the two of us butted out of that group." Laure pointed out as she looked at Kate with a pointed and warning look, hoping that the evening wouldn't end for one at the A&E.

"What could they do?" Pippa wondered with amusement and shrug of her suspecting a little that they were overreacting to those four being in one group together for what would be a competitive moment and race.

"well between the four of them and their card games they play at school during their breaks they've managed to break a finger each, broke a window, a ceiling panel and a frame above a lamp that managed to come down on all four of them." Sophie noted with a tone that said she'd grown used to their competitiveness already, didn't mean she was stupid enough to get in between it though, she loved this bunch to pieces, but when it came to something where competitiveness would be involved, well then she'd rather be safe than sorry as she heard the engines starting below them and from the get go, the four of them started bumping in each other, in an attempt to throw one another in the guards at the side of the road.