Chapter 13

thanks for all the reads. I hope you still like this story as much as I love writing it. Please do let me know your thoughts below. 

The first week of school had gone by in a flash, it was crazy to think that one week had already gone by. They'd flown right into it, She'd finally decided on her theme for her paper which was going to be genetic diseases and syndromes. She figured she'd learn the most out of researching that and it was a subject that she'd always been fascinated about.

It seemed that she was rather bad at hiding in class as well, everyone had been asking her what the hell was going on with her. She could be seen with a giant smile on her face most of the time, certainly, when she'd get a certain message, those who knew had pointed out that she was being way too obvious.

So she'd tried to work it down a bit, but it was hard to hide the fact that she was so happy, she and Alex called all the time, during the evening. That was if he could make it, September marked the spot for the new beginning of Royal Season as they called it. Every member of the Royal Family would then get back to work after a summer of retreating wherever they were.

Including Alex, he'd been able to hide the most for the entire summer, it had started off with them being in Africa. And then them being in Balmoral and in Belgium, it wasn't like they'd done it on purpose or anything, not at all.

Alex had just gotten great at blending in and well Africa had been a bit of a hideout for them. Currently, she was on her way to London, she'd finished class half an hour earlier, it had been Nathalie since she knew it had been easy to get out half an hour earlier. Some had looked at her strangely, Amelia never asked to leave early or to be able to allowed to arrive a bit late. So it was a surprise that she was starting to ask now, certainly when she had a suitcase with her. But she'd left for the train station, headed for Brussels where she took the Eurostar headed for London. After a week of only seeing Alex on the screen, she was happy she'd see him back in real life. This week she'd come across her ex, when they'd broken up, they'd agreed to always be friends. Well, it seemed he was taking her up on that after four bloody years. Sure they texted here and there during those four years and sometimes he'd join them for drinks. But still, it had been a bit odd, it was like he knew she was dating someone new.

It wasn't something she was going to tell Alex just yet, but then again, she knew he'd seen his ex as well this week at a gala he'd attended yesterday evening. She'd figure it out this weekend if she'd tell him or not, first she had to make it through dinner with Harry and Meghan and their little girl Alice.

Getting off of the train, she hauled her luggage behind her as she headed for the pickup point. Taylor was supposed to pick her up, Alex coming here wouldn't really do well with them wanting to keep things quiet for a bit longer. So when Taylor held up his hand for her she headed towards him. "How have you been this week T?" she asked him as he loaded her luggage into the trunk of the Range Rover. "I've been alright miss, how was your first week at school?" he asked her as they got into the car as she reached for her seatbelt. "Please Taylor, Amelia, Miss makes me feel so old," she told him as she saw him trying to hide a smile on his face.

"And it was alright, busy from the start," she added as he nodded his head at her, steering the car through traffic. "Have you decided on a subject?" he asked her as Amelia nodded her head, letting her eye roam over the city again. it had been seven years since she'd been here last and it felt great to be here again. She couldn't explain what London or Britain, in general, made her feel like she did when coming here. she'd had the same feeling in her chest when going to Balmoral. She couldn't explain it, it just needed to be felt, nothing else.

"Yes, genetic conditions, I've probably put myself up for a whole lot of work, but I've never taken the easy road, so why start now." she elaborated with a shrug of her shoulders as he nodded his head. "You don't get anywhere with taking the easy road." Taylor agreed with her as Amelia nodded her head.