Chapter 85

My apologies for the long wait, but it's been incredibly busy, I hope everyone had a nice holiday and I wish you all a very happy new year and that all your dreams may come true. Also how crazy were the Netflix doc and now the books, they are really deranged. Anyway, enough of them, I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

That evening after a successful visit to The Science Museum, she'd sent Alex away for a bit, and whilst he was gone she'd prepared him his favourite dinner for his birthday, with a bit more extras, he deserved it after all and it had been very much worth it when she saw his reaction.

"I told you not to buy me anything," Alex noted as she put her two present on the table beside her. "Please, it's not like I can't afford it now that my two books have done so well, and I'm close to half on both sequels. And I think you won't want to hand it back anyway." she teased him and he knew he wouldn't be able to argue with her, her books had indeed done very well, since their release in October of last year, they'd sold massively around the world and he couldn't be prouder of her if he were being honest. It made him more convinced that the risk they'd taken by doing so had been well worth it. Amelia was a very talented writer and it would be a shame to hide her talent, just cause she was his wife.

I promise you'll like it." she told him as she slid the one smaller box over on top of the larger one. This year she'd gone for something less damaging that his ice bucket scooter mobile. She didn't need to see him go through another door in the offices of KP. Once was already bad enough.

The larger gift was a bit of a gag gift, but she hoped he'd find it funny as he started with that one and when he burst out in laughter, she couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Hobbyfarming for dummies, thanks love, I'm sure I'll need it." he grinned up at her with a good-humoured shake of his head. Only Amelia could come up with something like that, but it would come in use now that they were going to be farming on the estate they'd been gifted, he did want to know what he was going for, sure he'd learned a lot from William and his father already and Amelia would be a pro at this since she grew up on a farm. But he wanted to be good at this as well, to help her out and to create something really special there. They'd agreed to not only just have a farm but to work together with shelter so they could take in animals who were in need, Amelia was never one to leave an animal in need of some love alone, he'd heard enough stories of her family already. And he was more than convinced that their house wouldn't remain with four dogs either. sure it would be these four dogs, but they were sure to be added one's for on the estate, larger ones and he was sure that it would only be a start.

"And the next one," she whispered, anxious for that present, she hoped he liked it, it was something he could do with his mates and she'd heard him talk about it, about going to do that with his best friends and she'd beaten him to it, with a present for his birthday.

"No way." he grinned as he turned the card over in his hands as she grinned up at him, nodding her head. "How did you know?" he asked her as she shrugged her shoulders. "You mentioned it around our wedding and I thought it might be nice for you to go and do that with your mates," she explained to him as he nodded his head in excitement.

She'd gifted him a guy's week of adventure in Croatia, mountain biking, motorbiking, kayaking and rafting, it was a trip for seven days and he could take ten people with him. Enough for all his closest mates to join him and she was pretty convinced they were going to enjoy it all. They'd spoken about having another men's holiday as they used to do. And it left her to spend some time with the girl's probably have a girl's weekend break of a sort.

"I can't wait to go on this, it's been such a long time since we've been able to do this. You have no idea how much I love this gift." he grinned as he got up to lean down and kiss her lips.