Chapter 58

Thanks for all the reviews and reads on the previous chapter, It really means a lot to me.

When the earth finally stopped shaking around them after what seemed a lifetime, Steven was lying on top of her as she covered the two girls below her own body, shielding them from the damage that could be done, sure there was a bed above them, but that didn't leave them much space now did it.

"Steven?" she asked as she heard him let out a groan when he finally managed to sit up, a couple of rocks had fallen on top of his back when he shielded her and the girls and it had hurt him as she turned to him when they sat down on the ground, after making sure that the girls were okay as well.

"You, okay?" she asked him, checking him over, feeling over his legs and arms, to feel or see if there were any open injuries to him, since she couldn't see a thing, her eyes were stinging from the dust that was still settling around her, upsetting her own and the other's lungs.

"Yea, a rock fell on my back, I'll be fine." He reassured her as he tried to look at her, reaching for her hand and giving it a squeeze.

"How are we ever going to get out of here Steven?" She asked him once they'd checked on the children together and they settled beside each other, trying to support one another when they were facing a nightmare, they didn't know they would ever get out of alive. Sure, their bodies would be found one day, but they wouldn't be alive if they had to stay here for very long.

"I don't know Amelia, we were in the middle of the building, it's going to take even longer to get to us than the others." He told her wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she leant into him as he winced from the strain it was putting on his back.

"If we ever get out of this, Alex is going to bloody kill me." She told him as he let out a chuckle and they couldn't help but share a small laugh at that.

"He is." Steven confirmed with a nod of his head before resting his head on top of hers, trying to get strength from each other since they knew that they'd be in there for quite a while. Sure, the people who'd been stationed out there to take care of the children and had been sent out by Amelia would know that they were still in the building and would hopefully gather people to dig them out, but other buildings might have collapsed as well, and she would be the first to say that she didn't take precedence to anyone else.

"Do you have your phone on you?" Amelia asked, realizing that there might be some way to get help, but so far it had been tricky already to get service around their camp, let alone out here. Searching in her scrubs she did find her phone, still working and fine, Steven's phone however wasn't as lucky as hers since his had been in his back pocket and had been crushed by falling debris.

"No service though." Amelia whispered as she started to hold up her phone but couldn't find any service, so she put her phone down and put it in the plane status, to preserve more energy of it.

"When do you think they'll start looking for us?" Amelia wondered after a little while, breaking the silence around them. They had already tried to look for something, a place where they could start to try and dig themselves out, but they were out of luck, they were locked in and they also didn't know if the rubble was stable enough for them to try and find their way out and how would they be able to dig themselves out when tons of debris was on top of them anyway, they could only hope.

Inside their little cave they were safe enough for now, shielded under two beds having been pushed together.

"I don't know Amelia, maybe you could try and see if you have service in a little bit." He suggested to her as she nodded her head at him, none of them had any answers, and everything was totally out of their control. It was up to those trying to dig them out of when they'd be able to get out.