Chapter 56

Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments, it means the world to me. Hope you enjoy the next chapter as well. My kidney stone was removed surgically and as a complication I've developed a kidney infection which will heal soon hopefully. I hope you've gone to look at the rewritten chapters, and I'm curious to know what you guys think of the small changes and the way it reads.

Sat in the car on their way to Maksim's party Alex turned his attention to his girlfriend.

"Jetlagged?" he wondered with a hint of amusement, his hand resting on her thigh.

"A little." She admitted to him, turning her head back in her boyfriend's direction, they'd just come back from their holiday on Mustique, they'd only arrived back in London last night and this morning they'd been back on a plane headed for Belgium, home when it came to Amelia.

Both her and Alex had enjoyed their holiday immensely, it had been their first time that that they had gone on a holiday since their trip to Vienna this winter and that they'd joined the Cambridges. The fact that things had gone so well when holidaying together, they'd already planned their next summer holiday together.

Another skiing trip had been planned as well, just after New Year's, but they'd invite their friends along, skiing was a lot more fun when you could share it with friends.

At the beginning of their holiday, she'd been worried about what on earth they'd be able to do on such a tiny island. It wasn't that big, and it was private, and it wasn't like there were many monuments to visit as well. But Alex had done a brilliant job of making it interesting enough by diving, jet skiing, swimming and hiking on the island. Everything had been a success, except for being walked in on by George that was, sure it had made for a hilarious conversation at dinner later that day and some other dinners they shared together.

But everything else had been perfect, the boat trips, the diving between the coral and dolphins, jet skiing, hiking and so on. And just having Alex there made it even more perfect, it had been the thing they needed after the hectic year they'd had filled with drama. At times it was easy to lose sight of one another, but they had been able to focus on each other during this trip and she'd loved it. And the romance and beauty of the island had topped it off, it had been perfect.

And looking down at her arms, they were tan, even more visible now that they were off of the island. The tan was a lot more in comparison to how it had been after their time in Africa. Sure, she hadn't always walked around in her bikini there either, which she had basically done the entire time they'd been on Mustique.

And for the first time in her life, she hadn't returned a lobster either, Alex had provided plenty of chances to rub her in with sunscreen, she'd figured it had just been an excuse for him to touch her, but she hadn't complained about it either. It was probably the reason why she wasn't returning a lobster, to begin with.

Kate hadn't been able to enjoy the trip as much as she would have liked, having to stay out of the sun with her bump. Sure she'd gone in the sea and the pool, but in the morning or late afternoon, not when the sun was at its highest, the two of them had grown even closer if that was possible, she was happy to become a godmother again in a couple of months to their little one as well, something she hadn't expected at all.

And she looked forward to spending the next summer holiday with them again as well.

But who knew what would be going on in their lives at that time? She had no idea, she feared she might be engaged or married this time next year, since Alex was ready to propose to her and their promise of him waiting till she graduated was basically in effect since she'd graduated a month ago. She'd feared he would ask her to marry him during a particularly romantic evening where they'd had dinner on the beach.