Chapter 11

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads, I appreciate it all, hope you'll like the next chapter. 

"My head." she heard someone say as she turned over in bed, and then the memories of last night came to her, Alex, scotch and drunken escapades. "Karma," she muttered under her breath, turning onto her stomach as she stuck her hand under her pillow, whilst cuddling the sheets to her.

"You're supposed to be a nurse," he complained as she felt the bed shift a bit beside her. "Not when it's your own doing;" she told him as he draped his arm over her back as she turned her head to look at him. "Oh god, you smell like a damn scotch distillery." she sighed, pulling away from him a bit as he moved closer as she tapped his chest painfully.

"You want the nurse treatment?" she asked him as he nodded his head, oh he was going to regret saying that alright. "Come on, out of bed," she said, throwing the sheets off of him. "Go, come on Alex," she said, getting up and pulling him up with her. "No, I take it back, I don't want to be nursed back to health," he complained as she went to stand on his side of the bed. "Too bad, you asked for it." Amelia said as she tugged on his arm once again. "come on, a shower will do you good." she told him as she went into the bathroom, and put the shower on.

Returning back to the bedroom, Alex was still lying on the bed, smirking at the bed, she pulled the sheets off of him again and went to open the windows. it was quite chilly in the mornings and in the evening in Scotland, so the burst of cold air had him screaming out. "You're crazy," he told her as he went to reach for the sheets again. "Come on love, don't be such a baby, the shower is running, I'll go down the kitchens for some food," she told him as he finally got up with a playful glare directed at Amelia.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted me to nurse you back to health," she told him as she followed him into the bathroom. "Everything is already in the shower, just let it steam you out a bit," she told him as she kissed his cheek, his breath still smelling of the scotch he'd consumed.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," she promised him as she pulled on a pair of jeans and blouse quickly. She wasn't home where she could just walk around in her Pyjama's. Pulling her hair up in a bun, she left their bedroom and headed downstairs. Having no idea where the kitchen was, she headed for the sunroom, where she knew Charles and Camilla had breakfast every morning.

"Good morning." she greeted them, she was still nervous around them, but not enough that it showed. "Good morning Amelia, how was your meeting last night, I hope you had a great time," Charles asked her as Amelia nodded her head at him. "I had a wonderful time," she noted with a small smile on her head as Charles went to reach for the teapot. "Not yet, Alex and William had a bit of drink last night and I'm getting him through his hangover. Can you tell me where the kitchens are?" Amelia asked them a bit sheepishly as Charles motioned his butler over.

"What do you need Amelia?" Charles asked her with a caring and soft tone as he looked at what he knew would one day be his third daughter in law. "oh I can make myself." Amelia said, smiling softly as the butler she knew went by the name of George.

"Miss, please, it's my job to help you out," George said as she gave him a tiny smile. "Could I have some Tomato juice and salt water, like Vichy or something?" she asked him as he nodded his head, before walking out of the room.

"That's supposed to help with a hangover?" Charles asked her with an amused smirk on his face. "Yes, a hangover is just the brain having too little fluid. Salty water will retain the water and make his headache go away. The tomato juice will do a similar job along and help get the alcohol out." she explained to them as they shared a knowing look with each other before looking back at Amelia. "Well, it seems Alex is very lucky to have you care for him, even if it's his own doing. Will you join us for breakfast afterwards?" Camilla asked with a warm and welcoming tone.