Chapter 39

Thanks for all the comments, votes and reads, it means the world to me. I hope you're all still safe in this crazy corona period. I can only speak for here in Belgium that the numbers are rising beyond a very concerning number and I believe it's the same everywhere so stay safe and your family as well. Also the big reveal, find out who's done the damaging picture leaking. :p 

"Are you certain?" Amelia asked her grandmother as she sat on the opposite side of her, her grandfather, mother and stepfather along with all her siblings. Well one thing could be said about Alex if they asked her, he had guts. Unlike any normal person would do, go and meet them one by one, he decided that it was a brilliant idea to have them meet together all at once. Well sure he'd already received a lecture from her mother, she knew that from both herself and Alexander.

So here they were, they'd only made-up last night, reunited since then and he was already going to be entering the lion's den so to speak.

"Yes, all of us will behave." Her mum answered her as she gave them all one final warning.

"You already gave him a lecture." She added with a rise of her brow and a knowing look as she smiled at her, she didn't feel sorry about it one bit if the smile on her face was anything to go by.

"We'll be fine." He grandfather reassured her in that soft tone of his as she gave him a small smile. Grateful to have him there, he would be able to keep the actions of some people in check after all.

"Thanks gramps." She whispered to him as she heard a car driving onto her mother's driveway. Walking out of the house, she met up with her boyfriend as he got out of the car.

"Hey." She greeted him a bit shy as he walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, before leaning down to kiss her lips.

"Missed me that much?" she asked him with a hint of amusement, her arms wrapped around his neck, his head nodding in confirmation.

"I'll always miss you love." He whispered to her as she gave him a small smile, before standing on her toes to kiss his lips again.

"I missed you too." She admitted, playing with the hairs at the back of his neck.

"But are you ready to head inside and face all of them?" she asked him worried that he'd taken on more than he could chew. Sure, her family was protective, and they were right to do so in this instance, he'd hurt her and thrown her away for lies. But they'd made up, talking things out and dragging the past in the future felt like the wrong thing to do, but she also knew her family needed to say what needed to be said, before they too would be able to move on. But it wouldn't remove the hurt or do anything for them to move on from what had happened, they knew what would help them and they were working on it.

It happened and they'd gotten out of together at the end of it, and stronger than before, but them getting angry at him for all that had happened wasn't going to make things any easier or make all of go away.

"For you anything." He admitted to her with a whispered as he nudged nose with his, before taking her hand in his and tugging her along with him. He was ready for it, he was prepared for more than one lecture and he deserved every single one of them, if that what was needed for her family to forgive him than he would give it to them. The dogs started barking as they entered the living room where everyone was sat, Jordy and Maksim had made themselves scares for this and were out drinking somewhere till they got the signal it was safe again.

Sure, both of them, were now a part of their family as well, but this needed to be resolved with the actual family and Alex first before they got any more people involved.

Alex gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as they moved further into the living, him greeting everyone and to say that the first few moments where a little tense would be an understatement. All of them were sat there glaring at Alex sat beside her. Amelia was convinced, if their eyes had been bullets, she'd have a dead boyfriend on her hands.