Chapter 71

Thanks for all your lovely comments, votes and reads. I really appreciate it.

"How long will we have to be at the palace?" Amelia wondered as she watched the scenery passing by, she wasn't really looking forward to the asskissing politicians and royals of Belgium. She'd rather start visiting the organizations than spend any time with them.

"An hour and a half at worst." He explained to her as she let out a huff with a chuckle.

"You'll be fine love, just do what you're good at." He explained to her as she nodded her head at him, turning her head back in the direction of the window and the palace they passed.

"Alright." She whispered as their car drove through the gates of the palace and then they entered the warmth of the palace.

They mingled with politicians and the royals that were present there to visit and welcome them at the palace. She did not care much about the people that she talked about, and she'd never been a big fan of the politicians that cared for only lining their pockets. They didn't care for people, only about themselves, which is why she found it very hard to remain diplomatic, something that would always be expected off her from now on till the end of her days.

So, she put on the mask, made small chats with the except few that didn't rub her off as much as the others, and tried to ignore and avoid talking to others who had no interest in. Alex could see what she was up to from the very beginning as they started to mingle with the people during lunch. He knew her well by now and though it may not have been that obvious to anyone else, it was to him.

He thought it was funny that she still managed to avoid those for who she had no respect or love for. other than that, she was the perfect diplomat, talking with the Belgian royals, especially since everyone was so interested in their wedding, which was pretty much the only subject others wanted to talk to her about.

How was the wedding planning coming along? Had they already planned a lot of it? Were the invites out yet? Had they finished their guests lists? And so, it went on with the questions. All the politicians he talked to seemed to believe that because Amelia being a Belgian it meant they would get an invite as well.

Hell, Amelia herself would have excluded them even if there would have been places enough for them. She'd rather have invited random strangers if she could avoid inviting them. They were going to finalize their wedding guest list next week so the invites could be written and printed.

So far they were down two thirds of the list, but every time they thought they had finished it, they thought of someone else they should invite and they were yet to reach a final conclusion of who would attend their wedding. Sure, their friends and family, the people that meant something to them had been a no bummer, his gran had allowed them to start with their friend and family first. They could invite the people they wanted to invite, instead of the people they had to invite like the foreign dignitaries, royals, and leaders of the world.

He felt regret for teasing his brothers when they had been planning their weddings, his was even bigger than theirs had been and he was currently paying the price for his endless teasing that was for sure.

The palace officials, William and Jacob had been called in line by his grandmother, something he was eternally grateful for, and they no longer behaved as they had done before. And Karen was godsent when it came to her playing a buffer between them and the palace officials.

"You, okay?" Alex wondered, reaching for the small of her back as he had her a moment alone on the room, before she turned her head at him.

"Of course." She reassured him, resting her hand on top of his arm as she could see the worry in his eyes.