Chapter 70

Thanks for the comments, reads and votes, it means a lot to me.

On Tuesday despite the protests and the arguments thrown around by certain people, they had ignored the advice and arguments of them and followed those of their own team, the opinion of people who truly mattered to them and they could also understand it was important to introduce Amelia to those fields, certainly with ECIAS to be launched next year. The sooner people understood that Amelia would stand for education and discovery, the encouragement of discovery in children the better.

So, they'd gone to visit the UK Space agency and the National Space centre, Alex had later pointed out that when they returned home that she'd been like a child on a sugar rush, in her excitement to go around the facilities and discover what new things they could teach her, including being able to talk to three British Astronauts. She'd been incredibly excited about it, and it had certainly shown in her actions and how she'd basically skipped throughout the building, much to everyone's amusement.

But this week was to bring attention to something else, Remembrance Sunday. On Friday they were planned to visit an elderly home that specialized in Veterans and their partners. She liked the idea that there was a special Elderly Home for Veterans. She was seeing a lot of things in Britain that Belgium could still learn a lesson from. And every day she felt more and more certain about joining this family and representing the amazing people that she got to meet and bring light to.

Every day she missed her friends and family. Of course, she did but she called her grandparents daily to make sure that they were okay. But she also checked in on her family through their WhatsApp family group and friends' group. Sure, they had one separate from their friends, but most times she used the friends and family group, it was easier for her to use. Sure, she used the family one as well, or that of her close friends as well. And then there was the group that she had now joined with the Royals Than there was the group of their best and closest friends. Sometimes her phone didn't standstill.

But it reminded her every day of her roots as well for which she was grateful as well. And she was grateful for it. This weekend was going to be busy. They'd told her she'd gradually move into the role as future Royal.

But Remembrance was something that hit close to her heart as well. She was from the country that had not one, but two wars been fought in. Belgium had always been the battlefield. She remembered her great grandfather, the father of her grandfather telling her stories.

The Germans hid them in that shed, she remembered all their stories and she couldn't help but remember those.  And she'd been adamant about joining this, about being there for all of it. And then it was expected of her as well as future Queen Consort. But nothing could have stopped her from going either.

"Ready?" Alex asked her as they slowed down in front of the elderly home, and she nodded her head. It reminded her sitting on her great grandfather's lap, hearing him tell the stories. She knew that today would be another one of those days, listening to similar stories. And she'd have to brace herself against it.

The last couple of days Gisele had been trying to teach her how to control her emotions. Royals couldn't be seen showing them. She'd told her that she was a human being and that she was going to show emotion when fit. She'd studied to be a nurse and yes you tried to hide them and tried to turn the switch around, but that wasn't an easy feat. Not in the least bit and she couldn't do it right now either.

"Always," she told him as she crawled out of the car, giving Hunter a small nod as he gave her an encouraging smile as she rounded the car to join Alex.

"Your Royal Highness, Miss Michaels it's a pleasure and honor to welcome you here at the elderly centre and home." The director of the centre they were at as they greeted the people awaiting them by the door. It had been agreed, they'd greet the people waiting for them outside when they came out. But for now, they wanted to focus on the Veterans inside as they were led inside.