Chapter 20

Again for the third time I hope that you're all still okay, there is so much uncertainty and so much unknowing. Every day I hope and wish that a vaccine will be arriving soon so that we can protect the one's we love and ourselves. I really hope that your loved ones are okay and that they continue to be. I myself know how hard it is on our mental health. And I'd like to extend to any of you guys that if you need a chat, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here, just send me a text and I'll be here for you guys. 

Amelia would never have thought that she'd be happy to be cooped up in the hospital for six days straight. But for now she was, it gave her time to hide out in the hospital and her house, that was it for now. When she'd left the hospital, the day the news broke, it had truly been a nightmare. The fact that she needed to walk to the main builing in her suit, left them wide open, the staff had now arranged for her to change in the building with them, so she wouldn't be hounded every time she left the building. And the hospital had called in security, the hospital should be a place for sick people to come to and family to visit. It shouldn't be a circus because of her. The same was true about her home.

They basically camped out on the other side of the street, trying to catch a glimpse of her when leaving or arriving at home, cleaning the house when she got home, or helping on the farm with her grandparents, really what could possibly be interesting about her with a bucket and cleaning tools. She was just a simple girl brought up like any other person had been, dating a prince didn't change anything about that.

But as time progressed, it seemed that the storm was going down a little at least, fewer people were following her, due to the security the hospital had put in place and the fact that she'd called the cops on them for harassment.

But that wasn't Amelia's biggest fear, every day they were out, she feared something else getting out. It wasn't something she liked to consider and Alex knew it was a big worry for his girlfriend who was handling things on her own during her placement. As if that time alone wasn't stressful enough. Her past getting out was the biggest worry for the couple at this point. They were doing alright handling the attention they were now getting, Amelia included as best as she could that was. Amelia was her usual self to the outside world, she walked through the crowd of photographers to her placement or somewhere else she needed to be. And besides that, she remained at home like she would have done it this had been any other placement. Amelia wasn't one to go out much.

But as week one of her changed life started to approach, the storm would calm down a little bit more. After all she did the same thing every day, and it wasn't interesting enough it seemed. For once, being boring paid off. She also refused to read or listen to anything that was being said about her. That was hard at times since the patients would simply love to fill her in and the matter of the tv's in the room, wasn't helping her much in trying to avoid any coverage about her.

So on Tuesday morning she was putting the finishing touches on her preparations for when her teacher came by to make his first official visit to her placement. That was the day that broke the camel's back a little. She'd been fine with the photographers following her for most of the part, it would be something she'd have to get used to, it wasn't fun, but as long as she didn't listen to anything they wrote about her or said about her, she was perfectly alright.

But it was her mum calling her at six in the morning when she was on her way to her placement to tell her off the news. She'd dropped her stepdad off at his truck for his work and she'd heard about it on the radio on the way back home. "Amelia, they know about your dad." She said and with that, she was really happy to still be at home so she could pretend a little longer that things were still the same just before they found out about her and Alex. They knew it was only a matter of time before the story broke and that ugly part of her past she'd rather keep hidden came out. They'd known it was inevitable however, there was no putting that back in the box as a matter of speaking. The can had been opened and the worms were all over the place. But this was the first thing that really broke her. She'd promised herself not to read anything about herself. But it was the first time she broke her promise not to read anything about herself. She opened up her Safari and googled her own name. It was crazy to know how many find came up in the first second about her. She clicked on the one with the doomed version of false thruth out there.