Chapter 59

Thanks for all the reviews and reads, it really means a lot to me.

In the end, they stayed till the very last moment, they left on Monday morning. Alex had to be at engagement that afternoon and she hadn't wanted to run off and leave her family after she'd just returned from almost getting herself killed. She knew that her family understood that her life was now in London and they didn't hold her back of living it. But she could see the sad looks that morning when she got in the car to return back home. She promised them that she'd visit them soon enough and that they could always come over to London as well. It wasn't such a long trip and it would be easy for everyone.

"You okay?" Alex asked her as she sat in the seat beside him on their way back to London.

"I am, I'm sure it'll take me a while to forget everything that I saw there. But I'm going to tell myself that I did everything I could, yes I've seen horrible things, I saw children dying in front of me, I saw the heartache of the people who lost their children." Amelia explained to him as he rubbed his thumb back and forth on her hand.

"If you want to talk about it," he told her as she nodded her head at him. "I know, but I don't want to bother you," she explained to him as she felt him squeeze her hand.

"You could never bother me with that love. I know what you saw, I can't understand. Maybe Harry could understand that, he's been to war. But I don't think that can even relate to that." he pointed out, he couldn't even begin to imagine what she saw there, he could see that something had changed in her when she'd been in Peru.

He didn't have to think very long about what that could have been. The images of Peru and the entire South American West coast had played over and over on the screens. The damage and destruction, it could have moved everyone to tears. It was a hard thing to consider. It was one thing to see those images on TV. To see the people crying on TV, telling stories about what exactly they'd lost. But none of them had been there 24/7 for four weeks straight. To see and hear the crying and agony of everyone. To have the smell and stench with everything else on top of that. He feared none but those who'd actually been there could ever relate to that.

"I'll get better love," she promised him, turning her head in the direction of him as he gave her a small smile.

"Do you think Charles would be available this week?" she asked him as he tilted his head to the side. "give him a call when we get to London. I'm sure that he'll be able to fit you in somewhere." Alex promised her as he leant in to kiss her lips.

****

"I'll be fine Alex," she told him, they'd been back for just under two hours and Alex wasn't sure if he should head towards the engagement he had today. But she couldn't handle being over mothered as she called it. It was sweet of him to be so concerned about her, but she needed some space. He hadn't been gone from her side since they'd been reunited in Brussels on Saturday evening.

And right now she needed some space and time to think about everything. And Alex could hardly cancel his engagement cause of her.

"Okay, I'll be back by five," he promised her as he leant in to kiss her lips. She was just about to sit down when the doorbell rang and she had to get up again.

"God, you're back." Emilia's voice called out as she threw her arms around Amelia. "You have no idea how worried I was about you," Emilia said as she was lead into Alex and Amelia's living room.

"I'm alright hun, just a bit under the weather still," she assured her as Emilia sat down at the kitchen island where Amelia went to work to brew her a cup of tea.