Chapter 55

Thanks for all the votes, reads and comments. It really means a lot to me, I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter as well. Sorry for the late update, my new placement started this week and I've been working ten hour days. And on Thursday I had to go to the A&E cause I was so sick and the doctors discovered I have a kidney stone that doesn't want to come out and probably needs to be removed surgically sometime in the future so once again I apologise. Hope you enjoy the chapter. 

When Archie had left, it was mostly packing for them since they were leaving for Mustique, but before they left, they had one more stop to make and that was to visit Meghan, the psychiatrist figured it would be a great idea to put them together in one room. Amelia doubted if that was a good idea, apparently, he had no idea of the bad blood between them, and the hate Meghan held for Amelia.

As a nurse Amelia had learned that you would have to handle all sort of patients, but she'd also learned that some patients were more to your liking than others and one sort of patient she had never really found a connection with was the personality disorders. She just couldn't find a connection with them during her placement, and to be honest at times they scared her as well.

She didn't mind any other patient, except personality disorder because she simply didn't know how to handle them the best way.

And the visit had gone wrong from the moment it had started, Meghan had seen her and started throwing insults at Amelia and blaming her for everything that had happened since she'd come in her life, basically the same old that she had already heard, and she knew that she hadn't made one leap forward in her treatment.

"I'm here because of you bitch. I should have handled you once and for all when I had the chance." She stated when Amelia went to sit down in front of her, Alex on her side and the psychiatrist between them and seemingly enjoying the show between them.

Letting out a heavy sigh she was fed up with this woman, if she wasn't a part of Alex's family, she wouldn't even make the effort. But since Alex was adamant about making her a part of his family as well, Meghan would one day become family as well and if it weren't for that, she wouldn't even be here. She wanted to make the effort to get along with every one of his family and so far, she'd done pretty alright. Sure, you didn't get along with everyone as well as you would like. But some people had more of connection with you than others.

"Meghan." She started with an exasperated tone, she was done with her and if she didn't find it in her to see her own faults and realize that she needed to work on them, she didn't see the point of her putting in an effort as well. It seemed she was hopeless.

"Just stop, the only thing you're proving to me is that you haven't made one leap forward, and you're doing yourself more harm than good. I don't know what I did to make you hate me so much, if it was falling in love with Alex and you couldn't get him, that's your problem, not mine." She told her, thinking back to all the arguments she'd thrown at her on that particular day at the polo match.

"You don't even know me, and yet you think I'm the devil reincarnated. The only thing I'm responsible for here was stepping back from behind the trailer so everyone could see what you were doing when you came to attack me again at the polo match." She declared, looking her straight in the eye and she was convinced there was deranged look in her eyes. She didn't get how one person could become like that.

"It's high time that you take up your own responsibility and live up to your mistakes that you made since you've known me and even before that. Your problems started long before I came onto the scene. It's time you live up to your mistakes instead of pushing the blame on others. Everyone has been more than reasonable with you to the point where it has damaged the reputation of the firm. I think you should have the interest of the firm more at interests since you're already a part of it, and yet it was me who took the best interest of the firm at heart. I suggest you start looking at yourself and reflect on everything you've done since you've joined the firm, instead of throwing the blame at everyone else instead of yourself." Amelia finished with another heavy sigh as she tried to remain calm, but she pissed her off so bad, she didn't get how you could toss the blame at someone else when you were clearly the one at fault.