Chapter 17

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads, I hope you will like this one as well

"When are they arriving?" Amelia asked, tilting her head back to look at Alex as they stood near each other. "Any moment," he whispered against the side of her head, his one arm wrapped around her stomach as she leant back against him. And then they got the signal that they were on their way up, all of them kept quiet as the lights dimmed and they waited for the arrival of Harry and Meghan. It was quite exciting to be a part of this, she was getting to see sides of the Royal family and the people they were close to like no one else. To get to know the real them, not the public figure and she'd realised that some of their public personas were so far removed from who they really were.

"SURPRISE!!!" the entire room called out as the door had been opened and Harry had been looking around confused. The light shot on again as Harry's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh man." He chuckled, resting his hand above his chest as he wrapped his arm around his wife. "You did this?" he asked her as Meghan nodded her head, motioning around. "With some help as well though," she explained as Harry started to mingle with them.

"Are you joining us when we go skiing?" Guy asked Amelia as she turned to look at Alex in a confused manner. "I still have to ask her Guy." Alex chuckled as he stood beside them with his arm wrapped around Amelia. "On Boxing day we all leave to Courchevel for a skiing trip, do you want to come along?" he asked her as she looked between Guy, Elizabeth, his wife and Alex. "I'm afraid I've never skied in my life," Amelia admitted sheepishly as Alex squeezed her waist. "I'll teach you," he told her reassuringly as she looked up at him. "And we don't have to ski all the time, we're renting out the biggest chalet in town. We can do things there as well, maybe you could invite some of your friends as well." Guy reassured his friend's girlfriend as she nodded her head. "I'd like that, It' be nice to spend some time in the mountains I guess," Amelia admitted with a small smile in their direction.

"Great." Alex grinned, leaning down to kiss her lips. "who would you ask?" Alex asked her as Amelia tilted her head to the side as she thought of who. "Steven, Chloe and Fleur, maybe my sister and her boyfriend as well. I think she'd enjoy it as well if she can come along of course." Amelia explained, not wanting to assume too much, it was already amazing that they offered to let her bring someone.

"I'll arrange it that we have a few more rooms books." Guy explained, seeing as he was the one in charge of the holiday they had planned. Now that Amelia had been told, she was actually rather looking forward to it. She'd always wanted to go and ski when the usual school ski trip took place and she'd decided to go, she'd broken her leg due to which she couldn't go. she'd been bummed about that, but she was convinced that she'd learn now and with Alex, she was sure to have a great teacher.

"Come on let's go to our table love," Alex whispered in her ear as they headed to the table they shared with Meghan, Harry, Kate, William and a few more people. All the rest of the guests were spread around the room around several other round tables. "Are you okay?" Alex asked her as he pulled out her chair and she went to sit down. "Of course why wouldn't I be?" Amelia asked him with a reassuring smile, her hand resting on his thigh as he gave her a loving smile.

"You know it's going to get harder and harder to not have you at my side at events," Alex whispered in her ear as she let out a small chuckle, turning towards him with a tilt of her head. "And why is that?" she wondered as they moved apart when the waiter put down a flute of Champagne. "Because you're spoiling me with coming to events such as these. You're beautiful and I want you to stay with me and come to events with me," he explained to her as she gave him a loving smile, whilst taking his hand in hers and lacing their fingers. "Maybe one day," she told him with a sheepish tilt of her head as he nodded his head. "I hope so," he whispered, looking into her eyes as both of them shared a look that both of them were hoping for that outcome.