Chapter 77

The day after their return from Meribel, their break was officially over as they headed over to Norfolk for Alice's christening, the tiny little girl who was only two months old was being christened at Sandringham Estate, the same church her older sister, charlotte had been christened at as well, and since their school holiday had officially started it was the perfect time for it to happen.

The day after returning to London, their break was officially over as they headed towards Norfolk for Alice's Christening, the tiny little girl was two months old and she was being Christened at Sandringham Estate, the same church where Charlotte had been christened at since the school holiday had officially started.

"I'm happy Helen has settled in alright." Amelia pointed out on their way to Norfolk on Saturday morning to attend the Christening of Princess Alice of Cambridge.

"Did you check out of she had everything she needed?" Alex asked his fiance, he'd wanted to go with her when she visited Helen that morning, but he had been needed at the office for an engagement he was about to do on his own on Monday, Colin had needed to hand him over something so he'd missed out on checking out if Helen was alright. He couldn't imagine that losing your husband could be easy and she only had a two-year-old son left to take care off. It couldn't be easy at all.

"It think she is, she looked better to when I saw her last. I just hope she can find her place here at the complex. I'm used to all of it now, but I can imagine it isn't easy when you first settle in." Amelia explained to Alex as she rubbed her thumb back and forth on the back of his hand as he drove them up to Norfolk.

"Well it's going to need some time to adjust, it can't be easy to be in her place right now. We'll edge her into the work carefully." Alex promised her with a small smile and squeeze of her hand.

****

On Monday, Amelia was working on her laptop, Nat had just given her a list of charities in Canada, their honeymoon tour as it was being called had been announced, the length of it, but not the schedule yet. So they needed to get started on that as well, they couldn't wait that much longer with it. Since the plans needed to be made and the safety of every place needed to be ensured. So it was time for them to decide what places they were going to visit.

And like with everything, Amelia was full in, doing her research, searching for chartities, organisations and so forth that might interest her and Alex, and then they would have a nice list to pick from, it could never be said that she didn't do her research.

The following day she woke up nervous for what it meant, it was the launch of the organisation that they had been working on for a couple of months. It was a little in mineur since Meghan and Harry had announced the evening before that they were to do an all tell interview, probably filled with even more lies, a small clip had been released where she said that she'd been silenced by the royal family, so that was yet another storm waiting to happen, and she was slowly getting tired with that woman's constant drama and need for attention. They'd claimed to have wanted privacy and a private life, but that didn't show at all.

She wasn't going to let it get to her as day was important to her and what it meant for patients and their families. And she was also aware that she and Alex would be the first one's out since the announcement yesterday afternoon and would be looked towards for a reaction, but she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of doing so. Now more than ever she would prove that she had what it took to work under pressure, and she didn't intend to disappoint anyone, or maybe certain individuals, but she didn't care for those.

"Are you going to be okay?" Alex wondered in concern as they were on their way to the Great Ormond's hospital for the launch of their organisation that they had been working on for such a time. They weren't going to let it ruin them by their need for attention or whatever they wanted to achieve, it had taken a lot of work, research, determination, and commitment to get to this point and they were proud to show off what they were achieving, along with every other person having worked on the project.