Chapter 39

HaizlyALL I WANT

Haizly
ALL I WANT

When we got there I was amazed. It's so big and beautiful. Hannah pushed me into Forever 21 and she tried on clothes.

I don't want any clothes, I have enough.

"Does this look good?" Hannah asks coming out the door. She's wearing yellow flowery black shorts, a black crop top off shoulder shirt, a green bomber jacket, and boot heels.

"Yeah you look good." She smiles and goes back in the dresser room.

"I hope Eric loves this outfit." She shrieks. I walk over to her door.

"I thought Caleb said you and him couldn't be in the same room?"

"Who cares what Caleb thinks? I like Eric, I mean, he wouldn't care if people told him to not see you, he'll see you wether they like it or not." She has a point. Caleb doesn't give two craps about what people think when we're together.

"Haizly?" Someone said. I turned around and saw Ryland and a woman with a child in her arms. He's adorable.

"Hey, whatcha guys doin here?" I asked smiling at him. He shrugs and puts his arm around the girl.

"Nothing, just looking around." I nod.

"Wanna go get lunch? I'm starving." I put my hand on my stomach and do an exaggerated sound. Ryland and the little boy chuckles. The lady just stared at me up and down.

"Hannah hurry the fuck up!" I banged on the door. She opens it and then goes to the cashier. She payed and we went to the food shops. I got Burger King, Ryland and his family got Chinese, Hannah got McDonald's.

I spaced out of Ryland talking to me, I heard the very familiar and hot voice I missed for an hour. I turned around and saw Caleb with a group of guys.

"Caleb?" I said. His head turns to me and his eyes widened.

"Haizly." He gets up from his chair and comes to me. I looked at the group of guys and then back at Caleb. If he didn't want to hang out with me today he could've said something.

"You should've told me you wanted to hang out with your friends, you could've been honest." I yelled at him. I feel hurt. My chest is rising up and down and eyes are stinging.

"No it's not like that." Caleb tries to explain himself but I look at the group of guys again. They're all wearing suits? Why suits? What's wrong?

"She doesn't know does she?" Ryland whispers to Hannah. I looked back at them and Hannah shakes her head at Ryland.

"I don't know what?" I asked. "Jeez, why is everyone keeping secrets from me? Spill it!" I yelled. At this time everyone in the room is looking at me weirdly.

"Tell me Caleb." I seethed and walked up to him. I hadn't realized that I was crying until I felt the salty liquid on my lips. Caleb looks down at me, his eyes showing broken.

"Let's go home and talk about this. Guys your excused." I creased my brows together and look at the guys leaving.

Me and Caleb went outside and in his car, driving to the house. We went upstairs to the bedroom we're staying in.

"Tell me." My voice cracks. I sit down on the bed and Caleb is pacing back and forth.

"Where is that Mafia leader?" A guy shouts and comes running in the room and attacked Caleb to the floor.

Mafia leader? Calebs a... Mafia leader? Since when? How? Why? What? I'm frustrated! Why didn't Caleb tell me? I'm his best friend, girlfriend now, or maybe. I don't know, he's keeping a lot of secrets from me lately I can't do this.

We've known each other for two years what the hell!

"Eric get the fuck off me!" Caleb yells out in anger. The guy, Eric, gets up grinning.

"Always keep an eye out, who knows what could happen." Eric fixes his pants. Eric? Hannah's crush?

"Eric please leave, me and my girlfriend are having an important talk." Caleb says once he's off the floor.

"What she's pregnant?" Eric turns to face me. He's really tall, brown hair, brown eyes, gauges, full lips, tan skin, looks like he's really into flannels and vans. And he has perfectly eyebrows.

"Eric! Out! Now!" Caleb seethed. Eric puts his hands up in surrender and leaves the room after winking at me. I looked back at Caleb and see his broken face.

"I'm sorry Haiz, I was gonna tell you." He started coming towards me but I put a finger up.

"Tell me when? When did this all happen?" I wipe the tears spilling from my eyes. He stays quiet. "Tell me!" He sighs and sits at the edge of the bed.

"When I was sixteen, my father tried coming back in my life. I was angry and upset, I drank and smoked, I was never home, you remember that?" He asks and I nod. I sit next to him on the bed. "Well one day, I was beating up a gang member for money from a drug dealer, he said that if I did it he would pay me. He and this guy didn't get along very well so he hired me.

A year later I was dealing for that drug-," He rolls his eyes and scoffs, "-and I started getting noticed by a lot of Mafias around the world. They wanted to do business with me and I accepted because I was dumb. I wasn't in a good place and I was depressed. They told me that if I follow some rules I'll become the feared Mafia Leader.

I did become a leader, but I wasn't the most feared. Some stupid Italians were, and ever since I've been working with the Mafia. The guys you saw at the mall with me were my men, we were planning on dealing here with Columbia. I told them to not let you out this house and to keep an eye on you." I looked at his teary eyes. My heart feels broken and all I want to do is cuddle him.

Why wasn't I a good friend to help him with this? Why didn't I know that something was up with him? He needed me the most and I wasn't there. I was out fucking guys and drinking with Tristan.

What am I doing with my life?