Chapter 79

Haizly
ALL I WANT

There was a knock on the door. I wiped my eyes and went to answer it. When I opened the door, a man was there. He would look like a businessman, but something about him tells me isn't the kind to be fair.

"Hi?" I furrow my brows as I looked at me closely.

"Hello, you're Haizly, right?" I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded. "Boss wanted me to give you this." He took out a small envelope and handed it to me, then walking away without another word.

I looked at the letter and it had my name in bold ink letters.

Closing and locking the door, I walk in the kitchen and set the envelope on the island so I could boil some water.

A thousand questions ran through my mind about the envelope. What could it be? Who sent it? Who was that man and why did he say boss? It couldn't have been Caleb, I recognize his men well. Even if I don't know the one's from all over the country.

But I don't think it would be him. I told him specifically that we needed a break.

When the water was hot, I grabbed a mug and the green tea. I don't like tea but I'm kind of in the mood for some reading and tea.

I sat down on the stool and grabbed the letter. Is it a letter?

Hello Haizly,
You don't know me, of course. But I just wanted to let you and your husband know that I will declare war. I want war with you people. You killed my brother. The only family I had. I will do anything to get you guys dead or tortured by me, myself.

This was just a warning,
--Roberto

Roberto? Does he mean Alessandro? I don't even know. Caleb has probably killed many people in his life that I, till this day, don't know about.

I put the paper back in the envelope and left it there. I got off the stool and went in my bedroom to grab my copy of The Great Gatsby.

A week went by and it has been the same. Work, come home, eat, read, eat, sleep and repeat. Why did my life have to turn out this way? Caleb and I were doing fine. My mother was better not fooling around with her boy.

I shouldn't have killed Alessandro. Caleb and I would've still been together. Kayden and I would still be best friends.

It's a Saturday and there is literally nothing to do. Maybe I should go grocery shopping, the kitchen is almost empty. I only eat twice a day now which confuses me. How am I somehow wasting the food?

I put on some light grey sweats, a grey hoodie that matches them both, black converse and braided my hair to the side. I grabbed my keys and wallet, then walk out of my apartment.

When I was walking down the hall to the elevator, a man passed by me. I felt a little strange, my gut was telling me to run. But I didn't.

I brushed it off and got in the elevator. When I went down to the main floor, there was no one. The girl who is usually hanging around here isn't here.

"Well, well." I heard a very deep voice. I turned and there was a man, a very ugly and disgusting man. He had yellow teeth with brown spots on them, his hair was black, almost grey, and oily.

"Who are you?" I asked. He got closer to me, and I moved back away from him.

"I'm Roberto sweetheart." I cringe at the nickname.

"Don't call me sweetheart, now what do you want?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Hmm, people told me a lot about you. They told me to stay on your good side most of the time." I growled.