Chapter 14 - Dhak Dhak!

At night..

"Tomorrow is Sunday! We should plan something na?" Anjali asked the ladies in the kitchen.

"Sunday means Funday.." Khushi giggled nodding.

"What about picnic?! I'm sure everyone will like it especially Aashi.." Nani said.

"Haan.." Khushi replied chirpily.

"No.." came a reply from the door side reaching to them.

"Kyun Chote?" Anjali pouted.

"Because tomorrow we're going to that NGO to donate clothes and toys for the kids.. Did you forgot?" Arnav asked.

"Oh yeah!! Tomorrow we can't go, Chote often donates for kids of NGO clothes, food and other stuff.." Anjali informed Khushi.

Khushi nodded smiling, "It's a great thing! You should always continue to help others in every way you can.. I'm so happy that you use your money not only for yourself, but you think about others who need also.. Aap bohot achche hain (You're a good person).."

Arnav felt good hearing praises from Khushi to him, he nods staring at her with a thank-you look.

Everyone looked at them with teasing smiles.

"You go and change, I will serve your food.." Khushi said standing and walking to the kitchen side to warm his food.

Arnav went upstairs, he passed from Aashi's room to give her a good night kiss since she was sleeping now. Today he reached late and couldn't play or talk with his daughter.

Then he left to his room, to fresh up and change his clothes and went back downstairs where Khushi served for him and Akash.

"Khushi Bhabhi didn't you put sugar in this kheer?!" Akash asked as he tasted a bit of kheer.

Arnav was only staring at the kheer, cursing himself for being diabetic. He really wanted to taste kheer, it's one of his favorite!!

"Nahin Akash, I prepared this for Arnav since he has diabetes..this one is for you!" she passed a bowl to him, indicating that the kheer with sugar was in that bowl.

Akash thanked her smiling, while Arnav looked at her surprised.

After finishing his food, he served for himself the kheer she prepared for him.

He had a smile with moist eyes after tasting it. His mother would prepare a kheer like this only for him, where is she now? How much he misses her warmth and love!

Arnav left the dining hall serving the kheer for the second time and sat with everyone at the living room.

"Where's Khushi?" he asked not spotting her.

"Hello hi bye bye someone is missing his wife!" Mami winked teasing him.

Arnav rolled his eyes, and took his phone to check his emails.

Khushi came and sat beside him, "Nani ji did I miss anything?"

She asked Nani regarding the serial they were watching, but she left to go to bathroom and came back now.

"Nahin bitiya. Woh Ladka is about to say he loves the girl now.." Nani replied excitedly.

Shyam was working on his laptop, and making fun of the serial.

"Then he'll not say it because the villain boy will come and confess to her before the hero does.." Shyam said.

"Nahin Shyam ji.. He will confess to her only.." Anjali said confidently.