Chapter 26 - Missing Khushi!

Arnav came back at lunch time, he left his bag on the couch looking around suspiciously, its strange Khushi didn't came running to take his bags nor did he hear anyone's voice till now.

That's when Anjali came downstairs with her usual smile, "Chote.. you reached?" "Hmm.. Khushi kahan hai? (Where's Khushi?)" he asked. "She must be upstairs or in the kitchen.." Anjali said.

"She's not in the kitchen otherwise she would come running to me.." Arnav replied casually and sat on the couch massaging his temples.

Anjali looked at him with astonished smile, "Should I serve food for you or call Khushi?"

Arnav stood up, "Don't do anything, I will myself call her and she will serve my food.." he went upstairs quickly as he couldn't bear Anjali's teasing glances at him anymore. Is it his fault that he needs his Chipku for everything??

Soon he reached on his room, and scanned the room still didn't found her. He went to the pool side, but she wasn't there also.

He came back to the room and checked the bathroom, but the door was open and Khushi wasn't there.

"Where is she now??" he thought, leaving the room he rushed downstairs and luckily found his Di still on the couch.

"Di Khushi isn't in my room. Is she with Aashi??" he asked.

"Nahin Chote, I put Aashi to sleep now only after she had her lunch.."said Anjali.

"Didn't she went with Nani and Mami to mandir?" he asked, this time his heart was kind off scared if Anjali's reply turned to be negative.

"Nahin.. Nani and Mami already returned from mandir, then some relatives invited them from lunch and they are there now.. Mami just called me few minutes back to inform about this.." replied Anjali.

"HP.. HP.." Arnav barked.

HP came to him running with a frightened look, "Ji bhaiyaa.."

"Did you see Khushi anywhere?" Arnav asked.

"Woh.." HP stammered.

"Woh woh kyaa??.. Speak up dammit.." Arnav shouted frowning.

"Chote calm down. He's saying na.." Anjali patted his shoulder then looked at HP, "HP ji tell us, is Khushi at home or did she go anywhere?"

"I don't know Didi, I returned from market some time ago.." replied HP looking down.

Arnav gritted his teeth, "If you don't know anything, why are you wasting my time? Just go away and do your work.."

HP went running from there before he get more scolded by an angry Arnav.

Arnav went upstairs again, he searched for Khushi in every room, at the terrace, then rushed downstairs to check in garden side. He searched for her at every corner of the mansion, with Anjali and HP also helped him seeing his worried state.

He came back to the living room, "How can she leave and no one noticed it?"

"Relax Chote. Perhaps she went outside and will come back .. Don't be tensed.." Anjali said.

"And why didn't she inform anyone? She isn't like this Di, Khushi informs me everywhere she goes.. everyday she messages me to inform her whereabouts.. I didn't receive any message today.. let me check once again.." he said taking his phone out of his pocket, and checked his phone only to see no messages from Khushi. He decided to call her and ask, but her phone rang and HP came downstairs with her phone, "Khushi didi left phone at home.."

"Dammit.." he threw his phone on the floor in frustration.

"Chote calm down.. what's wrong with you? We will find her.." Anjali looked at his broken phone on the floor shocked.