Chapter 23 - Payal's time

"I'm very nervous yaar.." Akash said pacing around his room with a tensed face.

NK was brushing his hair, and rolled his eyes.

"Just chill Akash! All you have to do is say that I love Payal and want to marry her.." Nk said.

Akash threw a pillow to him, "I know that! I just don't know whether this meeting would turn out to be Mubarakan (Congratulations) or Total siyappa (Total chaos)"

"If it's Mubarakan, then we will get Akash ki Dulhania, (Akash smiled in glee), if it's Total siyappa then Happy.. I mean Payal Bhag Jayegi (Payal will run away)" NK laughed out loud.

Akash started running behind him and he escaped from there leaving the room.
***********************************************

Arshi's room:
Khushi woke up, but was surprised seeing Arnav still sleeping on the recliner. Usually when she wakes up everyday, he would be jogging or taking care of his plants. And after letting him fresh up first, she gets up. But today he was still sleeping.

"Ayee DM.. Miracle happened today, Laad governor didn't wake up till now.." Khushi thought suspiciously.

She pulled the blanket away, and went near him.

"Arnav.." she called his name softly.

Arnav was still sleeping peacefully.

"Arnav!! Did you die?" she asked him rubbing his shoulder.

"Yeah!" came a lazy reply from Arnav.

Khushi pouted and slapped his shoulder.

"What kind of stupid question is this? Can't you feel I'm breathing? And how would you question someone who is dead if he died.. He would never answer you unless he comes like a ghost!" Arnav opened his eyes.

"Acha ok! I just got worried na.. You don't sleep till now.." said Khushi embarrassed for her behavior and walked to go to the bathroom.

Arnav sat on the recliner, and held her hand, "Aren't you getting much worried for me these days?"

"Do you have any problem?" Khushi asked.

"I just want to know why!" he said.

"What why?" Khushi looked away.

"Why are you worried for me? Are you falling in love with me?" he smirked.

"Laad governor.. Don't think too high of yourself!! I do stay worried about Akash also, does this means I love him also? Nahin na, he is my brother in law.." Khushi said.

"And I'm your husband Khushi.." he rolled his eyes.

"Toh? (then?)" Khushi asked.

Arnav stood up, he went near her and tucked her hair behind her ear, he bend his head and whispered near her ear huskily, "Toh pyaar ho sakta hai.. (then love can happen..)"

Khushi closed her eyes due to the proximity of both. She could feel his breath and his husky voice like a melody to her ears. She shivered and gulped..

"Thanks for waking me!" she heard his voice.

Suddenly she felt the door being closed. She opened her eyes and saw he already left from there to use the bathroom.

"Laad governor I will not leave you.. I woke up first today.." Khushi shouted, then she sat on the bed smiling.

Arnav on the other side, splashed water coming from the tap, on his face many times. He closed his eyes and Khushi's face came in his mind.