Chapter Six: The Crew [PT.2 Final]

Vex is driving group in the city they pass by a war memorial for the men and women that lost their lives fighting at this place once called Pyongyang... its where he nearly lost his humanity.
Crow: "..." dokkaebi looks at crow who looks zoned out so she tries to get his attention.
Dokkaebi: "honey are you ok?"
Crow: "wh- what?"
Dokkaebi: "are you ok, you looked zoned out."
Crow: "its nothing."
Dokkaebi: "are you sure?"
Crow: *sigh* this place... was a hell hole before." Hawkeye notices and joins in.
Hawkeye: "at least you weren't at Ukraine... its more bloodier than Pyongyang."
Crow: "i heard that the pro russians there use civilians as human shields... pathetic really." as they drive in the tunnel, Hawkeye gets a flashback from the Ukraine front where the massacre happened.

(2021 Ukrainian front)

As UN, American and, polish soldiers move in an abandoned town, a division lead by Gannon spots a group of civilians moving to them Suspiciously.
UN troop: "civilians coming close, cease fire." then all the sudden a gunshot rang out and pro Russians move from the scared civilians using them as human shields.
Gannon: "this is Recon 1-3 actual, we have pro Russians using civvies as shields, over."
Command: "Recon 1-3, hold... Recon 1-3 actual try to take them out with out civilian casualties."
Gannon: "roger, 1-3 out, were going to save them..."

(Flashback end)

Crow: "so, how's yumiko?"
Hawkeye: "oh she's fine, she's at home planting flowers, she manage to make a white rose."
Vex: "were almost out of the tunnel."
When they exit the tunnel they're at the country side and they see vehicles parked on the dirt road near the grass where the new operators are camped at.

Hawkeye: "here, park behind the vehicles."
Crow: "so this is it?"
Dokkaebi: "can't wait to see the ladies."
after vex parks they dismount and walk to the camp where they were greeted by a man in his late 20s waving at them.
???: "hey dad, hey old man."
Crow: "hey jake... little shit." they smiled shook hand then shooks Marcus's.
Vex: "hey jake how you been?"
Jake: "nothin much, you?"
Vex: "same, heard there are new ops joining so i gotta see who."
Jake: "well its us." he looks around the camp.
Vex: "wheres is miya?" he points at the tent.
Jake: "she's in there, if you need me I'm gonna be in the vehicle." he pats him on the back and left vex as he goes inside the tent. when Marcus opens the tent door he see a young woman sitting down cleaning he DMR sniper barrel and looks the person who just walked in.
???: "and you are?"
Vex: "miya its me- marcus..." he takes off his aviators. she gets up and walks to him and realizes its him so she hugs him.
Miya: "its been a long time marcus."
Vex: "its good to see you too." he hugs back then they both break the hug.
Marcus: "so what have you been doing?"
Meanwhile crow was looking around the camp and sees sally and Emily and the new girl sitting together so he joins then getting noticed by sally.
Sally: "colonel?" she gets up and saluted to her superior officer.

Crow: "at ease lieutenant, good to see you again."
Sally: "you too sir."
Crow: "raphael."
Raphael: "sir." he shakes his hand with crow.
Crow: "how's mom and dad?"
Raphael: "both are working for a tech company for computer software, they're going to retire in 3 years."
Crow: "thats nice, it good to see you too." then lastly the man approaches crow and shooks his hand.
???: "William thorn or Rorke, its a pleasure to meet you." the crow notices something.
Crow: "hang on?" he thinks of who's he is from.
Crow: "let me guess... Erik's kid?"
Rorke: "Yes the only child."
Crow: "didn't know he had a kid."
Dokkaebi: "everybody, meeting at the camp fire, Gannon's going to debrief."
Rorke: "yes ma'am."
Crow: "lets go." when everyone regroups at the camp fire Hawkeye starts the meeting.
Hawkeye: "ok listen up, intel says the convoy will be here tomorrow at 1400 hours, so for now since its about to be night go to bed." after he left to his tent, the others follow suit with vex going to the boys, crow and dokkaebi goes on their own tent. then night came by and crow sleeps with dokkaebi laying her head on his chest looking up at the bright stars and the moon shining the night.
Dokkaebi: "you know what... i wish ela was here..."
Crow: "same..." she looks up at crow as he looks long again.
Dokkaebi: "you should tell me whats wrong?"
Crow: "its nothing." she then climbs on top of him face to face.
Dokkaebi: "you can tell me... honey its ok." she cups his face and kisses him.
Crow: "ok... its about what happen here when there was only death."
Dokkaebi: "is it about jester?"
Crow: "yeah..."
Dokkaebi: "i want to know... what happened to him?"

(Flash back 2021 outside of Pyongyang, north Korea)

Crow and a few marines observe the damage of a shed after calling a motar round into it. armed with M4's he enter first and search for stragglers but stopped as he looked at the dead bodies... of a small family instead looking at the dead bodies of a man and mother who was breastfeeding her baby who was still alive.
Crow: "..."
Marine#1: "sir..." Another Marine comes in and sees the two looking at the dead mother and notices the baby who was alive.
Marine#2: "whats wrong with you both." he holstered his weapon and takes the child into his arms be taken away as Crow snaps out of it and cover the bodies.
Crow: "..."
Marine#1: "sir, we should keep going."
Crow: "you go on ahead, I'll be there."
Marine: "yes sir." after he left, Crow suddenly felt broken, it was the second time he did it.
Crow: (i... i gotta keep going.)

(Flashback End)

Hearing his story made dokkaebi shedding into tears.

Dokkaebi: "im sorry *sniffles* i didn't know you we're suffering."

Crow: "the dead don't suffer, that's why im still here... but at the end i feel like im in a nightmare as we speak..."
Dokkaebi: "why do you think of that?"
Crow: "... i don't know..."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(20syl Dust Clouds)