Chapter Seventeen: Training Exercise [PT.2 Final]

the three where in a dark blacked out, walking on a black marble that lights up when standing or walking.
Zhen Ji: "lady cai, are you here?"
Cai Wenji: "yes im here, including lady yi."
Wang Yi: "where are we?"
???: "welcome to the immersion...." they see multiple screens lighting the area seeing operators they met, are in action fighting terrorist's a long time ago.
Wang Yi: "so these are the men and women fighting against these enemies."
Zhen Ji: "this is different from the time we we're in..."
Cai Wenji: (wait is that the doctor i met?) then they hear heels clicking on the marble and see haley again.
Haley: "i see you are amazed by the photos. "
Cai Wenji: "yes, what are we doing here?"
Haley: "welcome to the immersion, as right now your... instructor has been actived."
Wang Yi: "who is he, what will he make us do?"
Haley: "his methods are unconventional and often... nuanced, but if you want to fight and-
???: "fookin lazer sights, this better be bloody damned good, you woke me up."
she was interrupted by a man walking to the group.
Zhen Ji: "may i ask, who are you?"
Haley: "specialist mike baker... or thatcher, he's been a cranky man."
Thatcher: "its all in your mind, in the real world im the hammer... get the hell outta here, i got this." haley smiles and nods before disappeared leaving the ladies with thatcher.
Thatcher: "alright, like the lady said. my name is baker, veteran of the SAS and rainbow operative in the first generation."
Wang Yi: "so you are going to help us improve and get used to fight in this new war?" thatcher chuckles a bet.
Thatcher: "you will... soon enough."
then Thatcher tap his feet for the floor the rise and show an obstacle course similar to the training course they went through.
Thatcher: "this is an obstacle course, i heard you gave mute a hard time, especially you lady." he points at wenji.
Cai Wenji: "me?"
Thatcher: "yeah like what women who does not wear anything under their shirt in public, you trying to distract my boys?"
Cai Wenji: "no sir-"
Thatcher: "look we all make mistakes and thats when we learn from your mistakes so it won't happen."
Zhen Ji: "how can i learn from falling into a pool of muddy water, its even embarrassing to remember it."
Thatcher: "nobody told you to remember did they?"
Zhen Ji: "... no..."
Wang Yi: "i see what your saying, we have to try again to get it right."
Thatcher: "somebody give her a medal, try again and again until you get through the challenge, now... get through the course." the ladies look at each other before going forth to their challenges.
First was ji's long jump, there's a hole in the middle that had no floor on the bottom.
Zhen Ji: *gulp*
Thatcher: "go on."
Zhen Ji: "what?"
Thatcher: "go on, jump."
Zhen Ji: "what no!"
Thatcher: "look if your being chased by a huge group and you see something like this, what would you do?"
Zhen Ji: "wait for my team to save me?"
Thatcher: "(this turnip) nope no teammates with you, you are on your own, what would you do?"
Zhen Ji: "i would jump across?"
Thatcher: "precisely, now get the speed you need and jump across." she sighs and backs up and runs before jumping as she fell in the hole screaming but then respawn.
Zhen Ji: "what the- how?"
Thatcher: "sloppy, try again."
Zhen Ji: (so if i fell i will live again? ok... lets do this.)
Meanwhile yi looks at the course of barbwire this time with electricity running through.
Thatcher: "shocking isn't it?"
Wang Yi: "this is new." she goes prone and attempts to crawl under the electric barb wire but then she gets shocked be it then electrocuted before respawning again.
Wang Yi: "that really hurts."
Thatcher: "keep going your doing great."
Wang Yi: "great, how was that great?"
Thatcher: "you know it, now move it soldier." yi looks at the obstacle and thought about it as she goes prone.
Wang Yi: (lets do it again shall we?)
Lastly wenji looks at the wall making herself worried as the rope that helps with climbing is held by her.
Cai Wenji: "here goes nothing..." she attempts to climb the wall while struggling to grip the rope.
Cai Wenji: "oh dear... come on." she manages to climb on top of the wall now she has trouble getting down.
Cai Wenji: "oh no..."
Thatcher: "feet first."
Cai Wenji: "huh?"
Thatcher: "go feet first." wenji goes down feet first losing balance again and land on her head making her respawn again.
Cai Wenji: "what just happened?"
Thatcher: "watch your balance and feet, thats how you got hurt."
Cai Wenji: "i don't know if i can-"
Thatcher: "can it, this is a challenge if you can deal with this... can you?"
she thought about for a minute until she nods.
Cai Wenji: "yes..."
Thatcher: "good, try again each time will get better."
Cai Wenji: "yes sir." each of them try again and again until they manage to pass the test and get to the finishing line.
Cai Wenji: "that... that was..."
Zhen Ji: "i can't feel my legs..."
Wang Yi: "i can't feel my body..."
Thatcher: "oi tired already, we just got started." cases with weapons and gadgets appeared behind him and a gun range behind the ladies.
Thatcher: "alright, here's the deal. you will be equipped with special issued weapons and gear, i will train you up and get you squared away in a combat simulation that happened many years ago."
Cai Wenji: "but we don't know how to uses those."
Thatcher: "(bloody hell) thats why you are here, there's targets waiting to be shot at, so how about you grab a gun and use it."
wang yi approaches the armory and picks the Remington R5.
Thatcher: "the Remington R5 assault rifle, slow rate of fire but high damage." she felt the weapons weight seeing how light it is.
Wang Yi: "wow... this looks heavy but light."
Zhen Ji: "may i?" she goes and looks around and picks the vector
Thatcher: "that is vector SMG with the highest fire rate, better for up close and personal."
Zhen Ji: "really?"
Cai Wenji: "then what shall i use..." lastly wenji approach the armory and looks around and picks the K7.
Cai Wenji: "this."
Thatcher: "k7 SMG with a built in suppressor, favored by special forces... now you three at the firing range." the three go to firing range as thatcher teaches them how to load and cock the weapons then once weapons ready they fired shots. yi's gun she single fires hitting her mid and long range targets controlling the recoil with eez.
Thatcher: "remember full auto when necessary."
meanwhile ji and wenji guns fire quickly losing recoil and missing long range targets.
Zhen Ji: "what is wrong with this gun?"
Thatcher: "this is an smg that is only good in CQB or close quarters battles, try to shoot closer targets and tap the trigger, if your competent full auto that baby."
Cai Wenji: "right." they burst fire on the close targets hitting them and going for another before they're weapons clicked.
Thatcher: "that is every soldiers worst fear, running out of ammo, but you have magazines that are filled with rounds, switch mags and fire again."
Zhen Ji: "now im getting the hang of this gun."
Wang Yi: "did i do good sir?" thatcher looked at yi's side and see the targets riddled with bullets to the head
Thatcher: "bloody well done, actually you all did well."
Cai Wenji: "really?" she kept firing until she ran out of ammo then put down their guns on the table.
Thatcher: "you show em alright, but in the real world your enemy has the same training, they well equipped and battle hardened... come on, we have work to do." all the sudden the world around them turn dark then they reappeared is some what the country side with an ancient temple with weapons and gear on.
Zhen Ji: "what is the building?"
Cai Wenji: "this looks like an old temple, but where?" as they look around yi they noticed vehicles driving fast and came infront of the gate with weapons and men running to the temple's door.
???: "move, move, move!!!"
???: "we have less than 15 minutes before the bomb turn this place into rubble with the hostage!"
Thatcher: "good, right on time, here's the objectives, an important person has been held hostage by the white mask terrorist who planted a bomb within the temple... problem we don't know where they are."
Cai Wenji: "may i ask, where are we?"
Thatcher: "we are in an asian countryside and its country's landmark now in danger."
Zhen Ji: "this temple?"
Thatcher: "yeah build around the bronze age, and lost in the jungle for years until it was found, lets not get distracted by the scenery, now the only two objective is to protect the armored man and find the bomb that will be you and her." Wenji and ji where selected for the task as a juggernaut walked pass by them.
Wang Yi: "what about me?"
Thatcher: "your task is to find the hostage, you will lead a small team to find the hostage as team leader, good luck and stay sharp." after saying this thatcher disappear as she gets a tap on her shoulder and she turn around seeing and two recruits.
???: "ma'am, ready when you give the signal." yi was confused as first then nods.
Wang Yi: "all right, lead the way..." they watch her walk to a position with the two recruits while Wenji and Ji follow the juggernaut. (JN = Juggernaut)
JN: "all teams be advised, we are breaching door, i will head in and deal with the defenses until i signal you all to come in, one team lead by her to find the hostage, both of you will follow me to search the bomb, once there we will defend the site while i defuse the bomb, got it rainbow six?"
Ops: "yes sir!" the recruits set breaching charges on the barricaded door and take cover before blowing up the door. then the juggernaut throw multiple smoke gernades and wait for the smoke to cover the entrance and picks up a mini gun rotating its barrels before he walk in as the rest wait outside.
Wang Yi: "are you ready my lady?"
Zhen Ji: "yes." wenji load her smg before answering her.
Cai Wenji: "yes." they hear a loud noise that sounds like a pissed off lawnmower cutting grass as gunfire was disputed then silenced by the ripping noise. once it was silent the juggernaut gives the signal.
JN: "rainbow follow my lead!!!" the team enters the temple seeing the carnage that the armored man did to the enemy positions finding bodies or injured fighters.
JN: "remember your objective, go go go!"
Wang Yi: "right follow me, good luck to you." yi take the two recruits and lead them to a hallway.
Cai Wenji: "you too."
Zhen Ji: "so what now?"
JN: "on me, we are searching for the bomb."
Cai Wenji: "yes sir."
Zhen Ji: "im behind you."

(10 minutes later)

They follow the armored giant going room to room trying to find the bomb encountering some stranglers on they way taking them down before moving on.
JN: "where the fuck is it?" all the sudden they stop and see a terrorist stubbling backwards as he was getting shot by wang yi with her sidearm before putting it away.
Wang Yi: "found the bomb yet?"
Zhen Ji: "no, anything about the hostage?"
Wang Yi: "yes, he being escorted out already, i found a room with something in it?"
JN: "lead the way." they follow yi to the location where the bomb is and found a large bomb that has an circular shape sign with black and yellow colors.
Wang Yi: "this is it." the juggernaut then backed up a bit shocked what it was.
JN: "holy shit, you got to be kidding me!"
Cai Wenji: "what is it?"
JN: "these guys really brought a nuke, this is new but i can defuse it."
Zhen Ji: "whats a nuke?" he kneels down, set his mini gun down and opens the caps.
Juggernaut: "i don't have time but short, if this blows your asses are gone without a trace- shit incoming hostiles!!!" they see a enemy he was quickly delt with by zhen ji.
Zhen Ji: "got him, just hurry!"
JN: "defend me for a minute, i thought this is hard but they use the same tech from Fallujah."
Wang Yi: "got it, here they come!" they fired at the terrorist advancing to the bomb ad the juggernaut works to defuse the bomb.
JN: "45 seconds!" he looks for the wires and snaps the correct wires going through to the main circuit.
Zhen Ji: "how long?!"
JN: "25 seconds." as wenji adds another mag into her gun, she was tackled by a terrorist choking her before ji kills him saving her.
Zhen Ji: "are you ok!" Wenji was about to answer until she pulls out her pistol and shoots a terrorist behind her.
Cai Wenji: "focus!"
JN: "15 seconds, keep it up." wang yi sees a group with metal makeshift shields approaching her position then looks around finding a gernade from a dead body.
Wang Yi: (i need that.) she picks it, pull the pin and throws it at the shield then an explosion kills them all seeing nothing behind them.
JN: "5 seconds... got it!!!" he gets up and sigh with relief, look around and see the women's kills.
Zhen Ji: "all clear!"
Cai Wenji: "is it over?"
Wang Yi: "is that all they got?"
JN: "wait, somethings not right..." they heard heavy breathing as a armored terrorist running towards then carrying something on his back.
Juggernaut: "BOMBER, EVERYONE GET DOWN!!!" the juggernaut runs towards the bomber as the three hit the ground then an explosion cover the hall but everything freezes as the ladies look up see the hallway in mid explosion.
Wang Yi: "what the-"
???: "mission accomplished ladies..." they get up and look behind them to see the instructor.
Cai Wenji: "whats happening this time?"
Thatcher: "the mission is completed... but with a cost of a life of your teammate... this Simulation will end in 10 seconds... but before you leave, once you are in the real world, use this in your training that all of this you three had learn... goodbye and good luck..." then the world turns black...

[MISSION ACCOMPLISH]
[SIMULATION OVER]

___________________________________________________________________________________