7

Bella

My heart was pounding when I woke up, my throat stinging as I drank my water.

I was more than I bit off, but I couldn't miss today. This was what I'd been looking forward to for weeks.

We were going to the beach, playing volleyball and going on an inflatable obstacle course in the sea.

I'd have to suck it up.

As I stood up, I wobbled, my head pounding.

"Goodmorning," Ashton chimed, walking into my room.

"Hello. I'm just a bit tired," I croaked, hoping he just leave.

"Your clothes are out so get dressed and eat. We are leaving in 20 minutes,"

I nodded and rubbed my eyes, my stomach dropping as he walked more inside.

"You look sick,"

"I'm fine, just tired,"

"There's no way you could even walk out this room in a straight line,"

"Leave me alone,"

I tried to pull my arm away from him but his grip was too strong, his arms quickly surrounding my body.

"I want you to have this fun day as much as you, so I'll give you some medicine and we can see how you feel. You can't go if you're sick though sweetheart, it's a jam packed day,"

"Thankyou,"

"How have you been sleeping, truthfully, because you seem to always be a bit off Bella," he asked, getting medicine from the cabinet.

"Not the best,"

"Any reason? If it's nightmares or thoughts then you can talk about that, but if it's just because you really can't sleep then we can look into routines and medicine,"

"I'm never tired, I really try,"

He nodded and kissed my head, holding me close to him as he rubbed my back.

"I really want to go today,"

"I know you do sweetheart, I know, but you won't enjoy it if you're sick. I tell you what, if I think your temperature is safe then I'll let you go but anytime you're not doing something, you have to be in the shade with someone incase you start feeling funny. As soon as you do, call me,"

I let his take my temperature, thankful that my head was starting to feel better.

"Alright, get dressed. I'm telling Harry though so you can't get out of it,"

"No, don't tell him, he will worry,"

"Which is what I need,"

I got changed and put suncream on before going downstairs to eat breakfast. Immediately, I was bombarded with questions from the other boys.

Ignoring them, I sat down with the toast Ashton made me and started eating, making myself seem as alright as possible.

"You need suncream on your back and neck," Luke said, going upstairs.

"Call one of us if anything happens, or if you can go back to Harry's then ask to be dropped off and come to our office," Michael said, taking my empty plate.

"I'm gonna be fine,"

"You don't sound it," Luke muttered, "hair up,"

I held my hair as he put suncream across my back; I cringed at how cold it was.

"You've not put it in your face either,"

"I don't wanna look greasy,"

"Tough, I'm not letting you get burnt,"

He carefully put it on my face as well, rubbing the spare parts on my hand and leaving the suncream with me. I put my hair up in a bun and grabbed a bottle of water before leaving.

Once outside, I felt much better.

We drove down to the beach, being the last ones there, and Ashton gave me a small bag. It had two water bottles, medicine and suncream in.

"Harry, can you come here a moment?" Ashton asked, keeping hold of my shoulder.

"Bella feels a bit sick, so she needs to stay out the sun if she's not doing anything. She can have medicine around midday and you both need to stay hydrated and sun-creamed up,"

"Ok, thankyou,"

"All of you get an ice cream," he said, handing me a note and kissing my head, "have a good day. Call cal if you need,"

"I know, I know, bye," I laughed, taking Harry's hand instead.

"Why did you come if you feel unwell? You know we don't mind,"

"You don't feel well?" Jasmin asked, Jake looking up.

"I'm fine, I live with doctors so they're just dramatic,"

"But they know what they're talking about," Ben argued.

"Just leave her alone, it's her own fault if she feels sick," Holly laughed, Kacey pulling me in for a hug.

"Maybe we should focus on the fact that since the last time we saw her, she's been adopted and has a new family. Not that she's feeling a bit off but still wanted to spend time with us," she finished.

"Are they nice to you?" Jake asked, placing the massive umbrella down.

"Yeah, don't worry about me,"

He got up and hugged me, Harry taking my bag.

"I'm happy for you, and worrying is all we can do,"