20

Saturday
Luke

"Have you got everything?" I asked Bella, carrying her suitcase to the car.

"Yeah, Ash checked,"

"Ok, get in the car then. We'll be out in a minute,"

She nodded and got in the middle seat, waiting as I went back inside. Calum was making everyone sandwiches and Michael was packing bottles of water.

"How is she feeling?"

"I think she's ok, but I'm not sure how she'll hold up with all the travelling,"

"Well we are first class, so hopefully she will sleep,"

Ashton ushered everyone out, us two climbing in the front seats and shoving the food in the foot hold.

We had to drive a couple of hours to the airport and it ran over lunch, so we'd brought our own.

By the time we arrived at the airport, Bella had woken up a little more and it was starting to sink in that we were going on holiday.

She'd never been anywhere before, and I was excited to take her on her first one.

"Will we see the palace?"

"We can do,"

"And the London eye?"

"Yep,"

"Is this actually real?"

"Yes Bella, calm down before you tire yourself out. Are all your liquids in the plastic bag?"

"Yeah,"

We put our bags through security, emptying our hand luggage into the tray. We watched as Calum and Michael went through the metal detector.

"Ok, your go. Calum will be just getting our bags,"

She nodded, walking through but setting the alarm off. I sighed, knowing they'd pat her down and that she'd start to freak out. They let Ash and I through, but she was still in another line.

"Luke,"

"They're gonna pat you down with another metal detector, do you know what it could be?"

"Come with me,"

"Do you have a belt on?"

She frowned, starting to cry as she took it off and handed it to me.

"It's ok sweetheart, they won't hurt you,"

Michael and Calum caught on and waited by the exit as security pushed me away from her; it hurt to hear her asking them not to touch her.

I collected our bags and stood with Michael, Ashton talking to the security who let him in.

He showed her what they'd do, and she reluctantly let them before crashing into my body.

"It's ok, you're ok... you're ok,"

"There's too many people here,"

"Bella, come on love, let's go find somewhere to eat and calm down,"

She nodded, taking my hand and following the others through the airport. It was quite busy, but we found the emptiest restaurant we could and ordered food.

"I'm still excited for the holiday,"

"That's good, it's gonna be really fun,"

"What are the hotel rooms?"

"Ash and Cal are in one, me, you and Michael are next door,"

"What about flying?"

"We all have first class because I want you to sleep, and it's away from loads of people. It's also a really long flight,"

"That's so expensive,"

"Well, we've been saving for a long time,"

"You could've just left me at home with someone,"

"Why would we do that?" Ashton smiled, holding her hand, "it's a family holiday and we can't leave you at home,"

"I'm nervous,"

"Don't be, it's fun. We're gonna have a great time,"