19

Bella

"Have you eaten anything since you got back?" Calum asked, gently opening my mouth to take the gauze out.

"A smoothie,"

"Sounds good, how do some eggs sound?"

I nodded, holding my arms out to Luke as he walked in. Chuckling, he rested me by his side and rubbed my back.

My mouth ached so much now, and the numbing was completely off. There was no more bleeding, but I was scared and confused as to how I'd eat .

Calum brought the food over, putting some on my fork and cooling it down.

"You can eat normally, but the whole point of soft food is so you don't have to chew it. For a couple of days, it's easier because I don't want food in your stitches,"

He brought the food up to me, smiling as I opened my mouth enough.

"It hurts,"

"After this, I'll give you some medicine,"

He kept feeding me the egg so that Luke could cuddle me; it was way better than what Luke makes.

"Can Michael brush my teeth later?"

"Yeah, you're gonna have to let me check your stitches everyday because of last time. Moulds in a few days and then we go on holiday,"

"What do you want for Christmas?"

"I don't want you to get me anything, please, because your money is for you to treat yourself," Luke said, kissing my head.

"So is your leftover bit,"

"There is no leftover bit, I save for Christmas all year,"

"Oh, I don't need anything then,"

"Don't be silly, you've not had a Christmas here before so that won't be happening,"

"Is it crazy?"

"Everyone comes over, but you can just stay with Mali and I if it gets too much," Calum said, making me have more egg.

"I like your brothers,"

"They're not as scary as they look ay?" Luke chuckled, feeling my head, "Can you take your hoodie off after you've eaten?"

I nodded, closing my eyes and leaning back into his shoulder.

"Come on poppet, you've almost finished. Then we can go upstairs and you can get in bed,"

"Where's Ashton?"

"He's just the shop, and Michael wanted to change your sheets,"

"I can't eat anymore,"

"Two more bites, then you can wait until breakfast,"

"Calum,"

"Shhhh, come on baby girl, I know it sucks but once it's over, it's over,"

I had two more bites and shrunk back into Luke, picking up the melted ice pack and holding it to my face again.

They smiled sadly, engulfing me in a hug from either side; Luke rubbed my stomach while Calum ran his hands through my hair.

"Have you had your period yet?"

"Mhm,"

"You didn't mention it, you know we don't care,"

"I didn't want to speak about it,"

"Okay, why don't we head upstairs?"

I nodded and he picked me up, taking me upstairs to my room where Michael was tidying up.

"You wanting some medicine?"

"I feel like a baby,"

"That's cos we're treating you like one," Luke laughed, laying next to me.

Ashton came home while I took medicine, coming upstairs and sitting next to me.

"I want to go to sleep,"

"You need to brush your teeth,"

"Michael,"

"Okay, why don't you rest on Ashton's lap so he can hold up a phone torch,"

I nodded, Ash running his hands through my hair while Luke held my hand; I hoped it would be better tomorrow.

Michael came back and I opened my mouth, letting him brush my teeth.

"It's looking good, so as long as you listen to us, it will be healed enough for Friday,"

Luke pulled me against his body, wrapping his arms round my waist as I yawned and dropped my head.

"Wake us up if you need anything, have a good sleep,"