Epilogue

*reuploaded so if you recognise this then thats why*
7 years later
Bella

I sat in my seat anxiously, knowing I was next. Luckily, I was towards the end of the ceremony, and the crowd was shrinking each minute.

That made me happy, because I had no speech prepared and wasn't going to give one if I could avoid it.

It was a shame the guys couldn't be here, but I understood. That's what you get for choosing a uni so far from home.

Of course, I always traveled back for dentist appointments and checkups because I wasn't prepared to let anyone else do it for me- school had just got in the way, big time.

Jake and Jasmin sent me photos of them graduated; we were the ones who stayed in touch. Gradually, our group had drifted apart but I was glad to still have them.

That meant Harry too. I'd always remember the happiness he gave me, but it was just young love.

During my time here, I'd made a lot more friends and even found myself a boyfriend. A proper boyfriend, who was waiting in the crowd to see me on stage.

His name was Charlie, and he was the most genuine and kind guy I'd ever met; Luke approved and we'd been in a steady relationship for a year now.

The two of us wanted to move closer to my home, which was ideal because I would be near my family.

It seemed so crazy that I was sat here, waiting to graduate. 8 years ago, when I was 14, this all seemed impossible. Until I met the guys.

I'd worked so hard to get here, and I was finally happy and healthy.

Now I was ready to become a social worker, and help so many kids do the same. I knew how much it could truly change someone's life.

I almost missed my name being called until I was nudged by the girl next to me. Awkwardly, I stepped on stage and smiled as the teacher started making a small speech.

I scanned the crowd and found Charlie, muttering a small speech into the microphone and earning a thumbs up.

Soon enough, it ended and I was thrown into a massive hug by him.

"I'm so proud of you Bella, you're gonna do so much good for people," he praised, kissing me softly, "and I know you know how much impact you'll make,"

"I can't believe I've actually just graduated,"

"Well you'd better, do you want to know another thing you won't believe?"

"What?"

"I found an apartment that's perfect for us. Literally, because you can have a dog there and I know how much you want that,"

I laughed and kissed him again, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I wish they could be here," I mumbled, fiddling with his collar, "They're the ones who got me here,"

"I know, we'll see them next week I promise,"

"I love you, but it makes me feel kinda lonely,"

"I get it, this is such a big moment and having my parents there was the best thing in the world," he said, rubbing my back.

They'd done everything for me.

They offered me more help than they needed to.

They gave me a home, and my own safe room.

A family.

Memories.

They helped me through the trauma.

They made me feel beautiful.

Even through uni, they helped me through the stupid break ups, the exams, the recovery. I went to football games, and I tried new foods and places.

The world went from dull, to bright and endless.

They made me love my life again.

And all that I wanted right now was their hugs, and smiles, and praises because no matter what happened, that's where I felt safe.

But then I saw their faces through the crowd. I had to do a double take, before pulling Charlie's hand and running towards Luke.

He engulfed me in his arms, neither of us saying a word.

And it all came rushing back.

I knew I'd never be alone.

Because these guys, they'd never shown anything but love.

These guys, they'd always been by my side.

And they would be for the rest of my life.

—————-
THE END

blimey.

I know it's a big jump but tee hee I'm  the queen at messing up stories like that.

I really hope you enjoyed this!! I always fear writing sequels incase it ruins the story but I loved writing "Safe" and you guys loved it too, so I had to give you this.

Thankyou for the reads and votes.