33

Bella

I yawned, leaning into Harry and chucking my plate on the floor. We'd just eaten way too much, and now we're waiting for the fireworks to start.

None of us wanted to go close up, but we knew we had a good view from where we were.

Suddenly, I started coughing. It was an awful one, and I struggled to even breathe as Harry pat my back.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I grimaced, Jasmin frowning.

"Maybe you should head home after the fireworks,"

"No, I don't wanna cause any hassle,"

"Luke won't care," she mumbled, "You don't look well,"

"I'm fine,"

Since I was insisting, they left it, but in reality it felt like I could hardly breathe. It burnt, and I felt really sick.

However, the fireworks started so I put my attention to that instead. Last time
I was with my friends, I had to leave early and I was not willing to do that again.

I knew I was wearing my body out, I felt so tired, but I wanted to have fun this summer.

The sky burst with colours, the clock striking midnight and the new year beginning; hopefully it was full of fresh starts.

It was the first new year without my dad, the first where I wasn't handing out beer and stepping over passed out bodies.

"I'm gonna go to the toilets," I mumbled once it was over, my stomach rejecting our food from earlier. Hoping to get away, I stood up abruptly but Jasmin followed.

"They were so good,"

"Yeah, kinda loud though,"

"Sorry,"

"I don't think my body liked the food earlier, I feel funny,"

She shook her head, pushing me into a cubicle before going in one myself. I was convinced I could throw up, but I didn't.

"You can't stay tomorrow night,"

"Yeah I can, I'm not leaving early again,"

"Bella," she groaned, "this is more than the flu or a cold,"

"You don't know that,"

"You look and sound like you have pneumonia,"

"How would you even know?"

"My brother had it. Please call Ashton,"

I shook my head, climbing into my tent and laying right next to Harry- everyone was sleeping in their leggings or joggers and a hoodie.

He smiled, kissing my cheek. I sighed, causing me to cough again. This wasn't like this, this morning, and I knew Luke would be mad.

I put my phone on my charger, shrinking back into Harry and closing my eyes. He gently rubbed my waist until I fell asleep.

"He said he's on his way,"

"I feel bad, she always ends up going home,"

"That's why she didn't tell us,"

"She thinks she's all alone, when she has all of us,"

I groaned, shifting in Harry's arms when I woke up. Immediately, I started coughing and gagging.

Someone shushed me, a bottle of water held to my head. It was cold, against my head anyway.

"Ashton and Luke are coming,"

"No,"

"Yes," Jasmin said stubbornly, "they're like five minutes away,"

"I don't wanna go to hospital,"

"We'll come down and see you, you need to recover from everything,"

"I don't wanna go," I cried, my chest tightening. I tried not to think about the pain until I felt Luke's hand on my head.

"I think you should thank your friends," he mumbled, "can one of you take her stuff please?"

"I will," Jake said, Ashton standing me up, " you'll be ok,"

They took me to the car, making several phone calls to he hospital on our way. I gagged again, my stomach churning.

"Bella, when we get to the hospital, a team of doctors are gonna meet you including Tom. Ash and I aren't supposed to work, but we are gonna do our best to get in and if not, we will sit beside you the whole time. You know Tom don't you?"

"I don't know,"

"My intern babygirl, you met him a while ago and have stayed overnight before," Luke sighed, parking the car.

"Ok,"

"They're gonna put you on a bed, none of them want to hurt you ok? I know them all. Tom will take charge and we will see you see,"

"I want Cal and Mikey too,"

"They'll come when they can princess,"

I felt people helping me out the car, greeted by the soft bed. They said a lot of things, but I couldn't make out Tom's voice and started to panic.

When we came to a halt, I opened my eyes and squinted round the room.

They took my vitals, deciding to bring in a nurse who changed me into a gown.

"Hey Bella, do you know who I am?" a doctor asked, walking back in the room by himself.

"Are you Tom?"

"I am. I want to take you to have a chest x-ray, so perhaps on the way you could tell me how you're feeling?"

He clicked something and the bed sat up, then he was able to move it out the room.

"I feel sick,"

"Have you been sick?"

"No. My chest really hurts and I feel really hot,"

"You have a skyrocketing temperature," he mumbled, "don't worry though sweetheart, because I know what to do,"

"Where are they?"

"Who's they?"

"Ash and Luke,"

"They're both going to come and sit with you after the x-ray, I'm gonna put an IV in you and perhaps one little poke in your arm to make you feel better,"

"You're kind,"

"You're scared,"

They helped me up so that they could take the photos, Tom a bit concerned that I wanted to get under the covers.

"I'm cold,"

"You were hot a couple minutes ago,"

"No," I mumbled, curling up- I didn't remember that.

When we got back to the room, Luke and Ashton were sat there and smiled as I came in.

"We tried,"

"It's ok,"

"Keep looking at them for me," Tom said, wiping my hand and putting the needle in.

"I want to sleep but I'm not tired,"

"I want to give you a relaxer anyway sweetheart, because you need a lot of rest. One last prick, you've done so well,"

"Can you two stay?"

"One of us will,"

"What time of day is it?"

"The middle of the night,"

"What?"

"Again, like I said, you need to thank your friends big time. They saved you,"