13

Bella

"Did Mali speak to you yesterday?" Calum asked, climbing into the car.

"Yeah, she helped me speak to Harry and I think we're ok,"

"What happened?"

"Everyone was playing truth or dare, quite tipsy," I mumbled, not wanting to speak about it, "we are just gonna have a couple of days to ourselves because I feel like I'd just snap if I went near him. So what if it was a game? He should've still said no,"

"I get it, do you know who the girl was?"

"He kinda just invited our whole class, it was no one,"

We pulled into the car park, a small whine escaping.

I felt sick.

"Don't worry, Mali is so nice. All she wants to do is take x-rays and discuss what we can do,"

"You're gonna have to take teeth out though,"

"Yeah, I might have to sweetheart but it won't be as bad as you imagine,"

"I don't want it,"

"If you don't have them, it will get worse and cause more damage,"

"There's no other way?"

"If there was, I'd be doing that,"

We got out the car, Calum signing me in as we sat in the waiting room. Since it wasn't at the hospital, it was a calmer and nice atmosphere.

I almost- almost- felt more comfortable.

As soon as Mali appeared, Calum smiled and stood up; he took my hand and led me through.

"It's nice to see you again. How's everything been?"

"I'm just gonna have a few days to think,"

"Your gonna go to the cinema with Michael later, aren't you?" Calum reminded, squeezing my hand.

"That'll be nice, by the time I've finished I'll be eating and going to bed," she laughed, "before we sit down, I wanna do a full X-ray,"

She led us to a different room, making me bite down on a stand while a large machine went round my head. Calum stood across the room, waiting patiently and making sure I felt ok.

"Alright, there's still a few more x-rays I need to do before anything else. Could you sit down for me please?"

Anxiously, I sat down on the chair and frowned as Calum left.

"It saves the hassle of going in and out. After this, we can look at them together and then I'll have a look at your teeth. Do you have any problems?"

"I don't like the colour,"

"Well, after the treatment, we can perhaps look at whitening yeah?"

"Yes please,"

"Ok, open,"

She slipped a block on my mouth, pulling a machine towards me and leaving the room. After that, she repeated it several times until they both came back in.

Calum beckoned me over, letting me sit on the chair as we looked at my x-rays.

"Because you have an over bite and crowding, you'll end up with elastics but not yet. There isn't enough space for it to straighten out so realistically, we are looking for two on the top and one on the bottom. The gap you already have will end up being filled most likely,"

"That's not the worst sweetheart, we can give you laughing gas and Luke will be there too," Calum assured, feeling me tense.

I shook my head, crying quietly into his body.

"I'm a pro," he laughed, "We will do it on Monday. By this time next week, we can take moulds, then it's Christmas and we go on holiday,"

"I know it sucks, but can I just spend like three minutes with you sat on the chair," Mali said sadly.

"Calum,"

"Come on, we can go and get some food after this. Braces never get through the process so quickly so take advantage of the fact that you can have that,"

I sat back down on the chair, Calum holding both my hands on my stomach. Mali put her mask on, rolling over and putting a mirror in my mouth.

As she looked round, Calum rubbed small circles on my hand.

"We can definitely look at whitening after if it makes you feel better, but none of this is unhealthy so I don't have any problems,"

"Thankyou," Calum said, helping me up, "We'll come for the moulds but you're coming over at Christmas right?"

"Yeah,"

"Good, I'm gonna take this one as far from this place as possible," he laughed, kissing my head.

"I don't feel well,"

"Don't think about it, what do you want to eat?"

"I want to go home,"

"Ok, ok, let's go home,"