12

Luke

First came the anger.

I watched as Bella's jaw clenched, throwing her phone across the room onto the sofa.

"Woah, sit down,"

"Don't tell me what to do,"

"Bella," I warned, thinking she'd just seen some videos of the party and was upset she couldn't go.

"Leave me alone,"

She went to turn away but Calum grabbed her wrist, flipping her back round.

Then came the tears.

She fell into my chest, sobbing and clutching my top. They were broken, her nose still too blocked to cry properly.

I sat down, letting her crawl onto my lap despite how tall she was.

"What's happened?"

She shook her head, Calum picking up her phone and passing it to me. It hadn't been turned off, and I saw exactly what she had.

We trusted him.

"I don't understand why,"

"He's drunk and stupid. It's no excuse, and he shouldn't have got that wasted, but I promise you've done nothing wrong,"

"What if I have?"

"What could it be? because I'm sure he'd bring it up," 

"I'm just sad," she mumbled, pressing herself into my chest more so that I tightened my grip round her.

"You have every right to be,"

"He told me I was beautiful and he told me he loved me... and he said he'd always be there for me,"

"Some people lie, and it sucks," I mumbled, feeling a pang in my heart as she continued to cry.

"I thought I could trust him, I told him so much stuff,"

"I know," I said quietly, kissing her head, "he doesn't deserve you,"

"Please can I sleep in your bed tonight? I feel so shit,"

"Yeah, I know it's hard but try and calm down because you'll feel worse,"

She nodded and sighed.

"I'm sorry,"

I shushed her, standing her up as Ashton called us to eat. We'd only made pasta so that Bella could handle it, but she pulled a face as she sat down.

Nevertheless, she ate the food, tears still falling every so often.

It was quite late, so I cleared up her plate and took her upstairs.

"I think Mali is coming over tomorrow so you can meet her, me and you can stay together though ay?"

She nodded, getting in my bed and facing away from me.

"Please can I just go to sleep,"

"I'm gonna join you with that, wake me up if you need anything,"

**

A loud chattering upstairs woke us both up, Bella desperately grabbing the duvet.

"Who's that?"

"I think the guests have arrived," I mumbled, seeing it was already the afternoon.

"How have you slept so much in the past few days?" I chuckled, climbing out of bed and finding something to wear.

"Can I shower?"

"Of course, come down when you're ready. How are you feeling?"

"So much better. Do I talk to him?"

"I tell you what, you go and shower, I'll chat to people downstairs then we can sit and reply in a sensible way,"

She nodded, giving me her phone and going back to her room.

As I looked, I saw a lot of messages from her friends, but a lot more from Harry.

Most the messages consisted of how it was a game, but that could also be an easy lie.

I went downstairs, Calum smiling as he saw me, looking past Mali. Despite it being Michael's birthday, most of the time our families used it as a time to catch up. Unfortunately, mine couldn't today.

"We left you sleeping, it looked like you needed it,"

"Thanks," I laughed, "Bella's just showering,"

"Is she still seeing me tomorrow?"

"I think so, it's just got a bit messy. She saw a photos of her boyfriend kissing another girl which is obviously upsetting,"

"Shall I speak to her? I know she doesn't know me but I've been in that position before,"

"It's worth a try," Calum shrugged, Ashton spotting us.

He came over, Mali excusing herself to talk to Bella. I honestly didn't know what to do at this point, having a lot of trust and hope for the boy.

"Are you feeling ok?" Ash chuckled, "you slept so long,"

"Yeah, just exhausted. It's been a stressful few months,"

He nodded, biting his lip and thinking for a moment.

"Do you think he actually did it on purpose ?"

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I hated the answer that came out my mouth.

"I don't know,"