14

Bella

"We're leaving soon, to get a meal before," Michael said, running into my room and hugging me.

I laughed, pushing him off me and stretching.

"I've never been to the cinema before,"

"Well this'll be a treat then, I'll be downstairs,"

When he left, I got changed and put my hair in a ponytail. Although the start of the day had been rubbish, the end seemed great.

Before we left, Luke hugged me goodbye, extra tight.

"Just focus on tonight ok?"

"I don't know what to do tomorrow,"

"Well, my family is coming over in the night, perhaps just spend the day in my office,"

"Can I use your laptop for Netflix?"

"Yeah, you're still a bit sick so I want you resting,"

Michael ran behind me, flicking my ponytail back and forth impatiently before taking my hand so we could leave.

"Aren't we driving?" I asked, leaning closer to him as we walked out the drive.

"It's not too far, and it's a nice night. Sorry my gift is a bit underwhelming,"

"You're all taking me to a musical and to England, Michael, plus I've never been to the cinema before,"

"Well I hope the experience satisfies you,"

"The past couple of days have sucked,"

"What has he said?"

"Nothing really, just that he needed a few days to think. I think if anyone it would be me,"

"He's not worth the energy. I mean, I thought he'd be a good lad but I've thought that about patients and they bite me,"

I laughed a little, looking down.

"But I still love him,"

"You're young, there's so much ahead of you and so many people out there. This isn't where your love and happiness stops. You both need a big talk and decide what's happening,"

"I'll talk when he talks,"

"You can't always wait for them to chase you back. You have to show that you want this,"

"I guess,"

We turned into the restaurant, getting a table and ordering drinks. Michael and I never got time together, so it was nice to be with him.

Luke was like a dad, and Ash was second in command. Calum always managed to make me feel better, and Michael gave the best advice.

"Luke's family are coming over tomorrow," I mumbled.

"They're nice, don't worry. Luke will sit with you,"

"I'm not good with new people,"

"Yes you are, you'll be fine,"

"But he has two older brothers,"

"They're not scary," he chuckled, "Jack and Ben are just like Luke, and his parents are sweet,"

"He's like... my dad but not really. Do I have to meet them?"

"Yes, Bella, don't worry. Do you know what you're eating?"

"Yeah, a double bacon cheeseburger,"

"Good choice. I hope you know how proud I am because when we first met you, you struggled to eat three meals and now you've just gone and ordered that,"

"It's food," I laughed, "Have I got better?"

"Don't you feel better?"

"Yeah,"

"Is it helping to have someone to speak to? Your appointment got changed to Monday morning then straight after you're with us,"

"Yeah,"

"Cheer up, what's with the short answers?"

"I'm just nervous, and hungry,"

"I know it sucks sweetheart, and there's a lot going on in your head right now, but Calum is so good and we are all here to talk to,"

"I think I'll talk to Harry,"

"Ok, do it tomorrow,"