29

Bella

"Let me see," Calum said, pulling me into his room after his last patient left. I sat on the chair, shaking my head.

My mouth ached so much, and it felt like my teeth could shatter any moment.

"They're aching huh?"

I hummed, hugging Michael when he sat next to me.

"What might make it better?"

"A Starbucks,"

"Nope,"

"Why," I whined, letting out a sob.

"Because you won't want to brush your teeth tonight,"

"I'll do it for a Starbucks,"

Michael kissed my head, rubbing my arm as I rubbed my eyes. He pushed my lip up to see my braces, so I gave them the best smile I could muster.

"They look good," Calum complimented, frowning when I shook my head again.

"Yeah they do Bella, it suits you,"

"They hurt,"

"I know baby girl," Michael said, " let's get you home,"

I sat in the front seat of the car, curled up in a ball, taking the strong painkillers Calum gave me. He refused to let me have a Starbucks, but he was right- there was no way I'd brush my teeth tonight.

I thought that if I bit down wrong, all my teeth would just come out.

When we got home, I tried going up to my room, but Ashton stopped me and took me to the kitchen for some soup.

"Hey Bella," Luke smiled. I hummed, slumping down next to him and grabbing the spoon.

Since I wanted it over with, I ate as fast as possible before he stopped me.

"You're gonna feel sick,"

"I probably wouldn't notice over these,"

"Have you eaten enough?"

I nodded falling into his side and covering my face, starting to cry. He wrapped his arms round me and shushed me.

"We'll get you some ice, it's gonna be ok sweetheart,"

"It hurts,"

"We can tell," Ashton teased, "go upstairs and find Calum,"

I left the table, wiping my tears and heading upstairs. After I'd changed into pyjamas, I headed to his room and laid down behind him on the bed.

He looked back, then turned round and wrapped his arms round me. His hugs were always the best.

When Luke brought the ice up, I rested my head on Cal's chest and he held it to my cheek.

"It'll get better in a few days,"

"That's so long,"

"Your teeth won't feel as sensitive by this time tomorrow,"

"What did you do this to me?"

"Because I needed to, you're gonna love it at the end,"

"I don't even care how they look,"

He sighed, kissing my head again and flipping me over to ice the other side.

"As long as you look after them, it will run smoothly. You're gonna be ok,"

"I'm gonna go to sleep,"

"You do that,"

When I woke up, Calum was next to me but in his pyjamas instead. He wrapped his arm round me, running his hand through my hair and shushing me before I'd even made a noise.

"You slept for a while,"

"Cal,"

"Shall I take you through to Luke?"

"No I want you,"

"Are you gonna brush your teeth?"

"No way,"

"Alright," he chuckled, "if you're still tired, go to sleep while you can,"

"You smell good,"

"Thanks,"

"It's gonna hurt tomorrow,"

"Yeah, but not when you're celebrating new year with your friends, where are you camping again?"

"Jake's grandad has a plot in these woods. It's like a holiday park place,"

"That will be fun,"

"I'm sorry I've been so sad today,"

"It's ok chic, there's always gonna be days you feel worse. I'll always be here for company,"