24

Bella

"Wakey wakey,"

"Go away,"

"Bella, you can't stay asleep forever. I made you a bubble bath,"

"How did you know I wanted one?" I mumbled, rolling onto my front.

"I'm a genius, come on bub, you need to wake up," Ashton mumbled, rubbing my shoulders.

"No,"

"It's Christmas in three days, and our tree isn't up yet. This is totally unacceptable so you need to get up and help,"

I groaned, standing up and resting on his chest while I woke up.

"I hope you haven't bought me anything,"

"Nonsense,"

"Well I can't think what you would've bought me, and you just took me to England, the cinema and you're taking me to a musical,"

"Who knows,"

I pouted, grabbing my towel and going through to the bathroom; I sat in the bath for a while then washed my hair before changing into shorts and a top.

I was really hot, and my stomach felt weird.

Downstairs, everyone was sat eating breakfast, a space left for me between Luke and Calum.

"Good morning,"

"Is it?"

"Don't be so grumpy,"

"I'm tired,"

"Well so am I,"

"Leave me alone," I mumbled, leaning on Calum, "I'm going back to bed after this,"

"No, you need to stay awake,"

I groaned again, reluctantly eating my food and sitting on the sofa. It was hard not to nod off, and Michael kept waking me up again.

"You know what sweetheart, I'll wake you up when they call you. You clearly need a bit more sleep,"

I thanked him and laid on his lap, falling asleep instantly.

When I woke up, my nose felt stuffy and my head hurt. Michael wasn't sat with me anymore, and I could hear the boys laughing in the background.

I whined, rolling over and sniffing.

"She's awake,"

"Cutie, how are you feeling?" Luke asked, running over and moving my hair out my face.

"Awful,"

"Let's get you some medicine,"

"I'm really hot,"

"We'll put a cold flannel on your head then, maybe we should take you upstairs,"

"I'm sorry I've ruined the day,"

"You've not, it's ok Bella,"

"I want a hug,"

He shushed me, carefully lifting me off the sofa and taking me upstairs while Ash brought everything we needed. Before he laid me down, I took tablets, then he got me in a comfy position. Someone put the flannel on my head.

"You must've caught a cold in England, it's ok,"

"It feels like it,"

"Well I don't want you sleeping yet, but we can rest,"

He put the tv on the background but I buried my head into his shoulder, sighing as he started rubbing my back. I let him massage it, my shoulders really tense.

"Don't fall asleep on me,"

"I won't," I grumbled, "I cant keep my eyes open,"

"Ok, I think you've got the time zones, clearly you need the rest. Can I leave you to sleep?"

"Why leave?"

"We need to wrap presents, there's like 15 people in our house this week,"

"Don't say that,"

"Come on, you need to go to sleep. Call me when you're awake because I might not check my phone,"

He kissed my cheek, adjusting the flannel so I could fall asleep with it, and left as I did.

The house was eerily quiet when u woke up again, but the smell of food was evident. It made my stomach churn, but I knew I needed to eat,

Trailing downstairs, I was greeted by Calum and his family who were already staying over.

"You were asleep for a while,"

"Cal," I croaked, feeling my eyes well up.

"Come here," he said quietly, wrapping his arms round me as I sat down, "you're ok,"

"I don't feel it,"

"I know, just nosey into our conversation and join in if you want,"

"I don't want to interrupt,"

"You won't be," Joy smiled, " Calum was just talking about England,"

"It was good,"

"We went to everything, didn't we?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, closing my eyes, "but they pat me down,"

"Don't focus on the negatives, you had a good holiday and now it's Christmas," Mali smiled. Calum nodded.

"And I know it's not your scene, but I think you'll enjoy it,"