16

Luke

"They hated me," she trembled once the door was closed, "your mum thinks I'm horrible,"

"They don't hate you,"

"Your mum does,"

"No she doesn't, she was just surprised a little bit by how upset you were but once I explain later, everything we be okay sweetheart,"

"I wish my appointment hadn't been moved so far,"

"It's just this once, we'll take this weekend slowly. Let's go upstairs to Ashton,"

"This is all Harry's fault,"

I shushed her, rubbing her shoulder as we went upstairs and into Ashton's room. He was writing up some notes, looking up as we sat on his bed.

"Heya chic, what's up?"

"I just feel really sad,"

"Alright, can I just finish my notes quickly?" he said sympathetically, her body hitting mine as she agreed.

I kissed her head, letting her play with the ring on my finger as she waited. Both of our rooms were messy, so it was nicer to be in Ash's because it was spotless. She was looking round, looking at all the art he had placed, then flicked her head towards him as he stood up.

"What's got you down sweetheart?" he asked, laying down and holding her body close to his.

"Everything, and I've just made myself look horrible to Luke's family,"

"I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it felt, they know Luke loves you so will accept that,"

"People are just upsetting me,"

"Sometimes relationships don't work out, and it can end up being toxic for both people, but maybe it's better to just be friends,"

"I'm feeling really anxious,"

"Take a deep breathe for me, because for now, I've got you ok?"

"Don't let me go,"

"Hey, calm down Bella, maybe we can watch a film or some tv,"

She nodded, sitting up and getting under his cover. I sat one side of her while Ash sat the over, running his hand through her tangled hair.

Together, we watched a comedy film, lifting our moods a little as the clocks ticked on and on. Eventually, we got to the end and she went to get ready for bed.

"She texted Harry and then threw her phone across the room, started crying then my mum walked in. I don't think it was the greatest first impression but everyone else liked her. Mum was just expecting the more upbeat side,"

"Oh right, has he replied?"

When I got the phone out, I saw that he had replied to her message but it wasn't half as long.

I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking, and everyone round was making such a big deal of it. It's hurting me that I've hurt you, but I genuinely don't know what to say because there's no excuse. I do love you, but maybe this was too rushed because I'm clearly not ready

"Bullshit, no way. She put so much time, and effort, and energy, and love into that relationship. She always made sure he was comfortable, so why now?" Ashton asked, reading it again.

"I don't know. I really don't want her involved with him anymore,"

"Harry?"

We both looked up, Bella stood at the doorway with a blanket on her hand.

"Has he replied?"

Hesitantly, I passed her the phone and was relieved when she gently gave it back to me.

Instead of saying something, she just stayed silent so Ashton hugged her again. Silence always scared me with her.

"Tell is what you're thinking,"

"I always made sure it wasn't rushed,"

"We know you did chic,"

"So it's stupid. Do you think it was all fake?"

"I wouldn't say that,"

"I'm never wasting my time on anyone, ever again,"

"Don't let this stop your friendships and relationships in the future, because you're a wonderful person to know. Sadly, some people just take advantage,"

"I feel disgusting,"

"You aren't, you look beautiful,"

"No, like I feel disgusting. I don't know,"

"A little bit of that might be because your hair is really greasy, can you shower tomorrow?" I said quietly, letting her rest on my chest.

"Yeah. I don't want Monday,"

"I'll be with you the whole time,"

"It just sucks,"