XXI

JENNIE'S P.O.V.

We are now currently sitting on our usual spot during break time, the girls have been talking about the recent dance competition but I just stayed silent. I don't feel like associating with people today, even with Lisa. I feel like there is something wrong with me, I feel sad... I saw Lisa looking at me using my peripheral vision, I felt her hand on my thigh. I tensed as I feel the electricity running through my veins but I kept my cool as she started to caress it gently and I just heaved a sigh.

"Jen, you okay?" I heard Chahee speak up to me, everyone suddenly stopped talking and eyed me. I just smiled at her and nodded my head.

"Are you sure?" She pushed, her eyes full of curiosity.

"I'm sure." I replied and unintentionally sighed.

"You are really quiet today, Unnie. Come on, tell us what is bothering you." Chaeyoung looked at me with a worried eyes, Lisa moved her hand and intertwined it with mine but I didn't bother to lock mine with hers.

"I'm... I'm just not feeling well today." I lied and snatched my hand away from Lisa as I continue eating. Lisa was a bit taken back at my reaction, she just looked at me, trying to examine what is going on with me.

"Do you want me to get you anything? Do you want to go home? I'll just talk to our teachers that you're not feeling we---" Lisa finally spoke up, pretending like she care. Ugh I hate this.

"I'm fine, Manoban. You don't have to do anything for me." I replied bluntly and shoved a food to my mouth.

"Love, are you sure? You don't look fi---"

"I said I'm fine. Geez. I can handle it, just stop asking." My voice rise up unintentionally that caused the girls to look at me with confusion. Lisa blinked her eyes multiple times and just looked at me, taken back at my sudden attitude.

"Are you perhaps, having the time of the month?" Lisa tilted her eyebrow at me as if she just guessed it right.

"No." I replied in a monotone.

Everyone stayed silent and they just dropped off the topic which I'm thankful for but except for one person. I don't like this feeling, it's not me but what can I do to stop this? Because to be honest, being beside Lisa just make it all worse. Like I just wanna disappear from her sight for a moment, I don't like it when she looks at me because the more she does, the more I melt. I don't like her touching me, I wanna get rid of the feeling she is giving me but I can't do nothing but to love it because it honestly feels good. It feels right and what I hate about it is that I know I already feel something towards her and it's sad that it's just me who feels that way and I don't want this feeling to grow more because I know I will be heart broken in the end.

I was supposed to be the player here, aren't I? But it fucking feels like I was the one who is being played.

"Baby, please talk." Lisa pleaded silently as she wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"What am I gonna talk about?" I don't wanna look at her, I don't wanna get lost in her eyes.

"About why are you acting like this today... does something happened to you before you arrive here?" She asked, her voice full of worry that it almost made me believe that it is real.

Yes, Lisa something happened. You happened, this fucking dare happened.

"Nothing happened." I replied boldly, she was about to say something when the school bell rang.

I quickly got up from my seat and walked away from them, not even bothering to look back or wave them goodbye. I hear Lisa and Chaeyoung saying good bye to our friends. I don't wanna be near her today so I picked up my pace faster but a certain hand grabbed my wrist. I looked up at her only to see her looking deep into my eyes, her eyes are soft and in that moment I got lost in it again. Chaeyoung stopped when she saw us, she bowed her head and told us she's gonna go first and we both just nodded.