XXXII

Jennie plopped herself down on her bed after a long tiring day from school, she heaved a deep breath and threw her bag on the side.

'Nini...'

The pleading voice of the blonde keeps repeating in her mind over and over again.

'Nini...'

The brunette closed her eyes and furrowed her brows, trying to get rid of Lisa's voice, trying to get rid of her pleading looks for her, trying to forget the desperation of the blonde just to gain her attention.

'Ruby Jane!'

The scene from earlier went its way to her head, the desperation in Lisa's voice as she tried to call out for her when she walked away is real. Jennie bit the inside of her cheeks, trying to forget everything in her mind yet still reminiscing it, her dilemma is messing with her. Jennie clutched her chest at the scene of Lisa sticking brown locks behind her ears, feeling Lisa’s knuckles getting contact with her cheeks.

Jennie narrowed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears that are now forming. The eagerness of her inner self wanting to be with Lisa makes it hard for her. A tear escaped her closed feline eyes unexpectedly. Jennie opened her eyes as the tears continued cascading down her mandu-like cheeks.

“What are you doing to me, Lisa? What did I ever do to you?” She mumbled to herself as she cried silently, feeling her heart clutching.

A sudden beep was heard. Jennie looked to her side and picked her phone up. She unlocked her phone only to see a message.

Did you get home safely?

Wiping her tears away, she brought her fingers to her phone and started typing.

To: Kai.

Yeah. Thank you, Kai. I really really appreciate it.

From: Kai.

Nah, it is no biggies, Kim. I can be a friend like what I told you.

To: Kai.

I know and thank you.

From: Kai.

Haha cool! You’re welcome! Just hit me up whenever you need someone to talk to. I’ll be one text away :)

Jennie smiled at the last message but didn’t bother to reply, her tears keep running down her puffy cheeks. She sat up on her bed and rested her back on the headboard. She threw her phone on the bed side table and heaved a sigh. Jennie didn’t thought that falling in love would be this hard, she never thought love would be this complicated. Now she understands where her brother was coming from.

Looking at her bedside table, with the picture of her beloved brother, memories started playing in her mind that made her cry harder.

*Flashback*

“Oppa!” Jennie yelled from the stairs as she scampered down to her brother and quickly engulfed him in an embrace. Her brother didn’t flinch. He just stood there with his eyes staring in to space. Jennie noticed it and she looked up only to see her brother looking lost while the tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Jennie quizzed, looking at her brother with a perturbed look plastered on her face. Her brother cried louder as he embraced her into a tight hug and cried on his little sister’s shoulder. Jennie patted his back, trying to comfort him the best way she can.

“V Oppa, what’s wrong?” She asked softly as she felt her shoulder getting soaked in tears.

“I love her so much, J. I-I love he-her but…” Her brother sobbed, the pain evident in his voice as he gripped tighter on his sister’s shirt.