Before We Go- requested by Merinda (Chance)

Sorry this took so long! This is loosely based off of the movie Before We Go (check it out because its really cool and hits all the right emotions).

Y/N's POV:

I first met him when I was running to catch the last train of the night (which I didn't) to get across the city. He was standing there playing guitar and singing to try and make a buck or ease some sorrow...not too sure which one it was.

Frustrated and lost, you ended up turning around to try and find another way home only to bump into the tall stranger with the voice of an angel and the looks to match. He quickly steadied the two of you before handing you your phone. You must have dropped while running past him to get on the train.

"Why are you in such a rush?" he asked while adjusting his glasses and giving me a concerned look.

"I was trying to catch the last train so I could get home before my nephew wakes up in the morning for his first day of school. It's kind of a routine we have." I said with a sigh once I realized there was no way I could make it happen.

"C'mon, lets go see if there's anything we can do to get you there on time. First stop is a coffee shop though. I think we'll both need caffeine to successfully accomplish this mission."

"I guess so. Thanks for trying to help me out. I'm Y/N, what's your name?"

"I'm Chance. Nice to meet you."

We walk down the quiet streets of LA together trying to find the closest cafe or dinner when we pass by an all night dinner by a gas station.

Liked by drew, brady and 29, 876 others
User 👤: chance
Caption: Making the best of a bad night with a new friend
Comments Disabled

What we planned on being a quick stop for food and coffee ended in us sitting and getting to know each other for hours.

"What is one thing you've learned about relationships that you wish you knew sooner?" I asked before taking a sip of my coffee.

"There is no perfect. There will always be struggle, you just have to pick who you want to struggle with." he said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"That's really deep. Why did you pick that?" I asked with a frown.

"I've had some relationships in my past that haven't gone like I planned and there were lots of hard moments near the end. We found out she was pregnant and we were really young at the time. We ended up breaking up and it was really hard for us. We've managed to stay close for the sake of our daughter Brooklyn though."

I was amazed to hear him be so open and honest about his life. I could never imagine being in that situation and being so positive about it.

After sitting in the diner for a few hours, we decided to move on to our next location of the night. Honestly we don't really have a plan though. I'm doing what I do best...winging it.

Liked by drew, sergio and 23, 475 othersUser 👤: chanceCaption: There will always be struggle, you just have to pick who you want to struggle withComments Disabled

User 👤: chance
Caption: There will always be struggle, you just have to pick who you want to struggle with
Comments Disabled

We ended up walking along the beach and looking at all the lights around us and it was honestly so beautiful. I never really get to spend much time in the city at night because I'm always watching over my nephew when my sister and my parents were busy. It took up the majority of my time so in a way it's nice that I missed the train and got to spend this time with Chance running around LA.

"So how are you liking our first date so far?" Chance said while looking at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"I didn't know this was a date." I said with a little smile.

"Well you see I don't normally take girls on all these adventures at night without it being a date. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be on my way to some stupid party my friend invited me to."

"Maybe we should crash it. A little party never hurt anyone right?"

"It's probably best that we don't go. They can get a bit wild and I don't want to ruin the night with it."

We continued to walk along the beach before sitting down and watching the sun fully set.

This night was honestly really fun and in an odd way felt like a movie. It was like a story written by some Hollywood person but it was actually my life. The two of us spent the rest of the night/morning together until the first train was available and we had to go our separate ways.

It was hard to leave but at least I had his number and he was only a train ride away.

----------------------------
Disclaimer: media is not mine