Phases: Practice My Patience (Conor)*

A/N: Bold & italics are lyrics from the song

Conor's POV:

Seeing Y/N going to parties every weekend and hooking up with all these strangers was killing me. I've known that we were meant to be from our very first date. I remember how nervous we both were but once we started dating, all the nerves went away. I remember telling her one day when we were sitting on the couch with my family having one of our regular movie nights, "When I'm kissing ya, grippin' ya thigh I realized you were destined and meant to be mine."

I still remember her face when I told her that. She was blushing like crazy but had the brightest smile on her face at the same time. Ever since that moment I was determined to always make her smile just as bright so when she decided that we needed to break up, I went along with it. I remember how that conversation went down like it had happened just a few moments ago when in reality it has been 8 months already.

"Y/n, why are you doing this? We love each other. Isn't that all that matters? Who cares what everyone has to say about our relationship? That's between us and no one else."

"I know Conor...but I think I need to take some time and really rediscover who I am. I love you but lately I feel like I've lost myself. All I am is just Conor's girlfriend. I don't know who the real Y/n is anymore and I don't think I can live like that. I love you but I think it's for the best."

"I love you too. I may not agree with you but who am I to conflict wit' you livin' your life? If this is truly what you feel then I support you. Just know when you call, I'm at the end of the line. I'll practice my patience while you're getting wasted, partying it up, spending time with other people, sitting in your room drowning your sorrows in ice cream or whatever the case may be. Just know that 'til fate brings you home I'll wait through your phases."

Liked by sergiocalderonjr, brady, kaitlynasmith and 20, 476 othersUser: conormichaelsmithCaption: You'll shuffle through faces like songs in your playlist, 'til fate brings you home  I'll wait through your phases

User: conormichaelsmith
Caption: You'll shuffle through faces like songs in your playlist, 'til fate brings you home I'll wait through your phases.
👤: yourinstagram

Comments disabled

Hittin' all the right cues and you're leaving your mark but I know that ain't you, you're just playing your part, baby, tryna fit in them shoes, but you take it too far. It doesn't matter where it takes you, I'll go wherever you are.

I can see that Y/n has been trying to change herself to be what her new "boyfriend" wants her to be and honestly it makes me so mad to see her changing herself for someone else instead of doing it because she wants to. I see her playing this part but I know that's not who she really is. I know that at the end of the day no matter where she goes or what she does, she'll always be the one for me. I just need to let fate work it's magic but in the mean time I need to focus on myself.

It's been almost a year since we broke up and she still has me broken, writing songs about her daily and it's messing with my focus. All I can seem to write about is how my life isn't complete without her. I'm the one for her so why do I feel like I go unnoticed? Time and time again I have to remind myself that I'll wait through her phases. Until fate brings her home, I'll wait through her phases. That's all I can do because until she realizes that I'm the one for her, that I'd catch overseas flights for her, that even though she isn't mine, I'm still hers. There is no one else who could capture my heart the way that she has. Until then...I'll wait for her.

Y/N:

Just wait 'til you give in and finally come over. I can't wait to tell you, "I told ya, I told ya, I told ya"

This is it. I'm standing outside of his hotel room and all I can think about is what will happen if he rejects me. What if sometime in the past year he found someone new? Someone better for him than I could ever be. All these thoughts are swirling in my mind as I try to scrounge up enough courage to step forward and actually knock on his door. The boys are currently touring in New York and Kaitlyn had decided to come out to visit them which meant this would be the perfect time to talk to Conor. She had his entire schedule, hotel room info and the rest of the bands contact information which made this whole thing possible. Everyone was either in their rooms or grabbing food so this was the perfect time to get him alone. He doesn't know I'm here but I think it's easier that way.

With one final deep breath, I slowly raise my fist up and knock on his door. I stand there and wait for what feels like an eternity before I finally see him. Without a second thought I step forward and throw my arms around his shoulders. I was worried at first when I didn't feel him move but finally I feel his arms wrap around my waist as my feet are lifted off the ground and I hear the door close behind me.

"I told ya. I knew that we are meant to be and fate would bring you back home...back into my arms." he said as he continued to hold onto me.

"I love you Conor. I'm sorry it took me a year to realize just how much we are meant to be. Thank you for waiting through my phases and never giving up on us even when I did."

"I love you too Y/n. I'll always wait through your phase because I know at the end of the day, fate will always bring us back together."

Liked by brady, chance, yourinstagram and 19, 454 othersUser: conormichaelsmithCaption:  'Til fate brings you home, I'll wait through your phases👤: yourinstagram

User: conormichaelsmith
Caption:  'Til fate brings you home, I'll wait through your phases
👤: yourinstagram

Comments disabled

----------------------------
Disclaimer: media is not mine