Aren't We Too Old For This? (IRL)

Being best friends with the boys of In Real Life meant that there was never really a dull moment. Now that Halloween was right around the corner, the boys were always planning various fall and Halloween themed adventures to go on. The fact that you would all be in LA during the holiday definitely meant it would be spent together. You guys had already gone to visit the Hollywood horror nights as well as various corn mazes and pumpkin patches while the were on tour.

"Y/N! Get ready because we're going costume shopping my friend." I heard Brady yell throughout my apartment. I made the stupid mistake of giving the boys a key to my house which meant constantly having the boys enter as they want. Today was just another one of those days as I walked out of my bedroom to see all the boys sprawled out in my living room.

"Why are we getting costumes? I thought we were just having a movie marathon and handing out candy this year?"

"We're going trick-or-treating duh." Drew said while flipping through the channels on my TV.

"Aren't we too old for that? I doubt people are going to give a bunch of teens/young adults any candy."

"That's why I have a little surprise for you." Chance said while stepping to the side.

"Is that my favourite little girl? Come here Brooklyn! Give your favourite auntie a hug." I said while said while scooping her up in my arms. "Awe I missed my baby."

Brooklyn laughed as she hugged me back.

"Daddy said we are going to buy costumes so you guys can come trick-or-treating with us this year. Everyone is coming this time!" She exclaimed while wiggling out of my arms and over to the bowl of gummy bears on my coffee table.

"Alright then lets go. I need to find the best costume I can get. What do you think we should dress up as Brookie?"

"I think we should all be superheros! Daddy can be Spider-Man, Conor can be Captain America, Drew can be Deadpool, Sergio will be Superman and Brady will be the Flash. I want to be Spider-Gwen so I can match daddy. You can be whoever you want!"

Everyone nodded at what the little girl was saying as they climbed into the car and buckled her into her car seat.

Two hours of costume shopping later, you finally found all the outfits you needed for the night. Everyone met up at Chance's house including his sisters, mom, Emma (Brooklyn's mom) and her family. There was a huge group of us but that just made it all the more exciting for Brooklyn as she ran from house to house collecting candy and occasionally emptying her bag into the pillow cases we were all carrying. 

The young girl quickly learned that it was better to have all her uncles and aunts with her because it meant she had more room for candy and she didn't have to worry about carrying all the weight of it by herself. After walking around for about an hour or so, everyone grew tired and decided to go back to Chance's to sort through the candy and see what she had collected.

In the end, you were glad the boys dragged you out of your house to go trick-or-treating because it was way better than going to parties or staying home and having a movie marathon. Needless to say, taking Brooklyn trick-or-treating became a tradition and every year the group just got bigger as people started getting into relationships of their own. 

----------------------------