XOXO- requested by Ariel (Mikey)

Y/N's POV:

It all started when my dad Nick Carter got asked to be a judge and mentor on this new reality competition show called Boy Band on ABC. He had no doubt in his mind that I would go on this new journey with him so that I could get a behind the scenes look at the industry.

It's safe to say I quickly became friends with the guys who were competing on the show because of how much time I spent around them all. Throughout the whole competition I got the closest to Mikey who easily became one my best friends. Even after the show ended we still kept in touch and I was even one of the first people to find out about 4th Ave forming together. Since they were always working so hard on their music and videos I ended up tagging along on all their adventures and because of that I started to see a different side of Mikey.

A few weeks after the band formed, he asked me to officially be his girlfriend and I said yes without even having to think about it. We wanted to share the news with everyone but thought we should give it some time before going fully public about it to the fans. We've seen how some people acted when we were just friends and we weren't sure if it would get better or worse when we told them that we had taken our relationship to the next level.

Today we are on our way to the boys video shoot for their song XOXO. They are starting off their day by recording in a dance studio type of place before later heading to a fair/carnival where they will be going on rides and playing games with some lucky fans. The boys wanted me to be in the video not only because of my relationship with Mikey but also because of how close I am with each of them too. Throughout the whole day I tried to stay out of the way and very much in the background so that the fans didn't find anything suspicious and spill the beans before we were ready. Honestly I'm glad I am wearing a cardigan because it started to get a little chilly as the shoot day went on (photo below).

Finally the boys were getting close to being done the shoot and started to play a basketball game where they would win prizes and hand them out to some fans who were crowded around watching them

Finally the boys were getting close to being done the shoot and started to play a basketball game where they would win prizes and hand them out to some fans who were crowded around watching them. I was standing off to the side of the game with some other fans as we cheered on the boys and chatted about the day so far. Everyone at the shoot was really lovely and were so happy to chat with me and take photos together. I was in the middle of talking to some of the girls beside me when they stopped and pointed in front of us. I turned and saw Mikey standing there with a smile as he held out a stuffed animal in my direction (the moment at 3:19, picture you instead of the girl in the video). I gently took it out of his hands with a smile before hugging it to my chest as he gave me a wink and walked back over to the rest of the boys. They kept filming the video until the sun set and then they took photos with the fans before they all dispersed and let the boys do whatever they had left to do for the day.

The next day:

Liked by 4thavemusic, k_marzzz, jadenbgray and 12, 673 othersUser: mkyofficialCaption: XOXO 💋 👤: yourinstagram

User: mkyofficial
Caption: XOXO 💋
👤: yourinstagram

We finally decided to let everyone know we were officially dating through an Instagram post on Mikey's account and honestly I was worried. I could see all the comments flooding in the on the spot already. At first a lot of them were really nice comments with fans being supportive but soon enough the hate comments started to flow in as well. There were comments talking about my appearance, how much they hated my personality, how I was just using Mikey to get attention, how I wasn't worth his time and more things along those lines. I was hoping Mikey wouldn't go through the comments on his post because I know it would hurt him more than it's already hurting me. I logged out of the app and put my phone on 'do not disturb' so that I wouldn't see what everyone had to say.

Later that night I was hanging out with the boys when Jaden showed us a video he took of Mikey and I playing the water shooting game yesterday at the video shoot. We were laughing and trying to mess each other up as we played. I couldn't help but smile at the video before asking him to send it to the two of us. Not too long after, I get a notification on my phone saying Mikey posted a video so I clicked on it only to see the video we had just watched along with a long caption.

The caption read: "I've been seeing all the comments and posts about the news of Y/n and I. Yes, we are officially dating and I know some of you are shocked (though I can't really understand why considering how close we've always been) and are still trying to wrap your heads around this news but I just want to say that saying negative and hateful things are not going to change anything. Y/n and I have been in each other's lives for about 9 months now and I think I've always had feelings for her. She is kind, funny, caring, smart, genuine, talented and an overall amazing person. It hurts me to read all the horrible things some of you are saying about her and our relationship. I know not all of you are like that but it's not cool to talk about anyone like that especially someone who means so much to not only me but all the other boys in the band and from the show. Please keep your negative thoughts and comments to yourself because I don't want to hear or see it."

I looked over at him with tears in my eyes and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you so much Mikey. You don't know how much this means to me." He just smiled and hugged me tighter as we spent the rest of the night hanging out with the boys.

----------------------------
Disclaimer: media is not mine