005. a good guy

› CHAPTER FIVE ‹

› CHAPTER FIVE ‹

Tony Stark had promised to keep Raleigh safe from the eyes of the government, and that was proven to be true when Sam, Clint, Wanda, and Scott were arrested for their crimes while Raleigh walked free from it all. Raleigh tried not to think about it too much, but he still hoped things would work out fine and everyone would be saved.

"Come on, hurry up," A man who worked for Tony, Happy Hogan, retorted at the two beaten-up teens in the backseat of the expensive company car. "Get out."

Since Tony promised Raleigh security, he decided he'd help him out the same way he was doing with Peter Parker, especially since he learned the two knew one another. That meant having Happy watch over them while he was busy and until he had a chance to talk with them. Raleigh wasn't looking forward to whatever talk Tony was going to have with him.

"What crawled up you and died?" Raleigh uttered in annoyance as he stepped out of the car. He stood out like a sore thumb with his torn-up suit, especially beside Happy, who wore a nice suit. He noticed the dreadful glare Happy sent him and froze. "I'm sorry, it's been a long day."

Happy grumbled and motioned for him to follow him into the hotel. Peter, who had too much energy still, bounced behind them. He had his phone out, pointing it in different directions, as he recorded everything that he felt would be a good memory. Raleigh, honestly, didn't remember Peter having a phone during the battle but, apparently, he did since he spent the whole car ride reviewing the footage. Raleigh had leaned over and watched, somewhat amused by how excited Peter was about every little thing and how enthusiastically he spoke about his fight against him.

"You're sharing a room with him," Happy said as they entered the hotel, "if either of you get too loud, I'm moving you."

Peter shared a look with Raleigh, who was too tired to care where he was sleeping so long as there was a bed and a shower. He followed Happy and Peter to the elevator and leaned against the wall of it. He was ushered forward by Happy when the door opened, and he led them to where their rooms were.

He unlocked the door and started to go towards his room, but he stopped and looked back at Peter. "Put the suit back where you found it, and don't play with it." He paused. "Also, give him something to wear."

Happy left them and went into his hotel room, closing the door behind him with a click. Raleigh and Peter walked into their shared room, where they remained standing in silence until Peter broke it. He threw down his hoodie and turned to Raleigh.

"Hey, you were really cool out there!" Peter grinned at him, and that was when Raleigh noticed a bruise under Peter's eye and a split lip. He could only assume he looked worse with how much he had been thrown around. "You were like—"

Peter went on to make dramatic hand motions as he retold the fight between each other in the terminal. With the boy still in his Spider-Man suit, it looked amusing. He then slowed down and gave his classmate a quizzical look. "How did you get your powers anyway?"