029. welcome to sakaar

› CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE ‹

Loud noises resounded around the area and Raleigh's eyes twitched with discomfort as his body throbbed. Small groans escaped his parted lips as he blinked at the sunny clear sky. White clouds drifted over the light blue sky and for a short second Raleigh wondered why he was waking up to watching the sky but then he remembered meeting Thor and Loki, then being forced through a portal by Doctor Strange, and then Hela showing up and scaring Loki into calling the Bifrost.

His eyes widen and he noticed a violet hue to his left and he turned seeing a portal hovering just under the clouds. More portals like it covered the sky while things fell from them. Raleigh twitched and felt objects pierce his body and he realized he was lying among the junk the portals were dropping.

Someone nearby made similar noises to Raleigh, followed by loud crashes as they pushed around something. Grimacing, he struggled to his feet in hopes to figure out what was happening, but the second the bottom of his feet met with the junk-covered ground his body grew light and his vision spun. He wavered for a moment before the weight of his body became too much and he toppled forward.

Before he could faceplant against the ground, two large hands wrap around his upper arms and stopped his fall. The sudden jerk of his body caused Raleigh's stomach to flip. He dropped his head and gagged excessively as his breakfast from the morning painfully came back up. Microwave oatmeal and apples splashed across the dirt and his sneakers. Hot tears escaped his eyes as he tried to understand what was happening and where he was.

A couple of hiccups escaped his lips as he slowly stopped dry heaving. "Where are we?"

He glanced at the person holding him, seeing Thor with his long blond hair draped around his eyes. He appeared both concerned and disoriented about the current situation and Raleigh dropped his head back down until the spinning stopped.

Despite not knowing what to do about the panic setting in Raleigh, Thor knew he needed to remain honest. He shook his head. "I don't know."

Raleigh's teeth clattered together as Thor helped him back into a standing position. He ran his hands together and both looked around. All they could see was a huge landfill of trash and a bright city in the distance. His breathing hitched as he realized the terrible predicament he had gotten himself in. Thor turned to him and grimaced at the sight of the young boy panicking.

"I'll get you home," Thor told Raleigh and the pale boy peeks towards him, "I promise you that."

Raleigh didn't know how Thor planned to keep that promise since he had no idea where they were and Mjolner was destroyed, but he nodded to hopefully ease both of their excitements. He knew Thor would be looking for a way to return to his home first considering the woman, Hela, who nearly murdered them was arriving in Asgard. He didn't know who she was, but he presumed she was the brothers' sister considering her knowledge of Odin and the expectation to be Queen. As far as he understood Loki nor Thor knew almost as little as Raleigh did about her.