031. father and son

› CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE ‹

Loki marched through the apartment door, pausing as he saw Raleigh already sitting on the couch. His hands were linked together in his lap and his searing stare pierced into the older man. A similar fire raged in Loki's pair, though their reasonings for being angry couldn't be any more different.

Raleigh Ridley was disgusted with the Grandmaster and everyone that supported his precious tournament. The eccentric male had intentionally made it so Thor couldn't defeat Hulk. Had he of not activated the electric disk on Thor, the God would have won without any problem. It was obvious to everyone that that was the direction the competition was going in. At the same time, he was also mad at himself for wanting Thor to defeat Hulk. He cared a lot for Thor, but he also looked up to Robert Bruce Banner after the many lectures he sat through and his books about the work he's done in biochemistry and of course nuclear physics.

Maybe it was best that it ended in a draw.

Loki Laufeyson was mad at Raleigh after his outburst since he was terrified of what the Grandmaster could do to them. After Raleigh helped wake Thor up, which resulted in Thor protecting himself and creating a draw, the Grandmaster gave Loki an uplifting and grinning warning about making sure his son refrains from destroying anything else of his. He was scared of the Grandmaster, it was as plain and simple as that.

"I told you to stay quiet." Loki scolded Raleigh, who couldn't be any less interested in what he was saying. "It was a simple request. That was all I asked."

Loki ran a hand through his greasy locks and Raleigh turned his nose up to that. He was suddenly relieved he had trimmed his hair not too long ago, but he couldn't help but feel the filth coating his body and hair since it had been a couple of days since he left Earth. he wasn't even sure how many days that was on Earth since time worked differently in Sakaar. For all he knew, it had been a few hours or a few weeks on his home planet. He knew there was no point in thinking about the time, because no matter where the second was counting, Trystan would be alone worrying about his safety.

"And I didn't care." Raleigh shrugged carelessly. "I wasn't going to sit there and watch someone die, especially when that someone is Thor." He watched as Loki sat in a lone chair. He could sense something was bothering the God, but he didn't care to ask since Loki wasn't putting his feelings into consideration. Instead, he decided to change the conversation around and question Loki on something that should be more urgent. "So, you're just going to sit here... you're not even going to try and help your people? Aren't you the little bit bothered that—that crazy woman is ruling your home right now?"

Loki didn't reply, but Raleigh noticed the slight alteration in his demeanor as he shifted his eyes to his feet and they remained in that position until Loki turned onto Raleigh.

"You're aware there isn't a way off Sakaar, right?" Loki frowned. "We're trapped here."

This time Raleigh adverted his attention off of Loki while his hands clenched into tight fists. The difference between Loki and Thor were outstandingly obviously. While Thor promised to get him back home, Loki had no issue with shattering Raleigh's hope. He was holding the Lightning God to his word because that was all he had left. He couldn't stay here... he didn't belong here. He couldn't leave his friends, his guardian, his mentor, and everyone else wondering were he went and what happened to him. He wanted—he needed—to go home.