011. trouble teens

› CHAPTER ELEVEN ‹

› CHAPTER ELEVEN ‹

"—and then he just, like, swooped down like a monster and picked us up, and took us up like a thousand feet and just dropped us." Peter ended his retelling of what happened to them to Tony, who was still in his Iron Man suit, floating in front of Peter and Raleigh as they sat on a small jungle gym in an empty kid's park. Peter was ringing out his mask while Raleigh was using his hands to squeegee as much water as he could out of his suit. It wasn't working too well.

"He was like a vulture or something!" Raleigh added.

Peter nodded but then seemed to think of something else. "How'd you find us? Did you put a tracker in my suit or something?"

"I put everything in your two's suits." Tony's slightly robotic voice said. "Including this heater."

On cue, both his and Peter's suits heated up, steaming the water out of their suits and warming their chilled bodies. Peter shivered. "Whoa, that's better. Thanks."

Tony sighed. "What were you thinking?"

"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the weapons!" Peter exclaimed. He extended his arms to his sides for dramatic effect, and in the process, he nearly smacked Raleigh across the face. Raleigh glared at his friend, obviously expressing the terrible mood he had been put into from the night's event. "I gotta take him down!"

"Take him down now, huh?" The condescending tone in Tony's voice made Raleigh turn back towards him.

Raleigh accidentally knocked his mask on the ground as he flung his hand forward in a sense of exasperation. "Those weapons... I mean, they have Chitauri guns! They're dangerous, Mr. Stark."

"Which is the exact reason why neither of you should be taking care of it," Tony said matter-of-factly and pointed at both teen boys. "There are people who are trained to handle this sort of thing."

"The Avengers?" Peter asked hopefully.

"No, no, no. This is a little below their pay grade."

"Anyway, Mr. Stark, you didn't have to come all the way out here." Peter waved his hand. "We had that. I was fine."

Raleigh disagreed. Of course, just like Peter, he didn't like that Tony was here scolding them, even if it was for them being stupid and putting themselves in danger. Still, no matter how much he hated to think it and how much it made his skin crawl, he knew he wouldn't have survived had Tony not retrieved him out of the lake. His death was the last thing he needed to put Trystan through.

"Oh, I'm not here." The mask lifted, revealing a hollow suit. Raleigh frowned and spotted the disappointed expression on Peter's face. "Thank God this place has Wi-Fi, or you both would be toast right now. Thank Ganesh while you're at it."